Sign in to follow this  

kickstarter really hard to pull down

Hey guys, just fixed my clutch but to do so I had to remove the casing behind the clutch cover aswell, anyway after removing that and doing the stuff the kickstarter spring keeps making really really hard to get the casing back on. I determined that it was the spring which sits on the kick starters shaft, after about half an hour of fiddling I managed to get the casing back on. However the kickstarter is really hard to push down (my guess is the spring has come out of position). Is there any easy way to ensure the spring doesnt get in the way when you are sliding the cover back on?

bike= 96 cr250

did you line up the 2 dots on the kickstarter? 1 on the shaft and 1 on the gear... if they arent lined up, it can cause what you are describing.it also makes it very hard to istall the return spring if they arent lined up.

I didn't take the shaft out thou so how would they come out of alignment?

neither I literally just took of the cover just so I could get the clutch basket out, that is the only thing I removed

did the shaft and gear come off with the cover? its possible that they could have come unalligned if there was enough space for it. i know its a pain in the arse, but it couldnt hurt to check it out. those parts along the the drive gear the connects to the clutch are the only things that could make the kickstarter act up if it wasnt doing it before... :thumbsup:

cheers mate, will definately check such an pain in the ass, everything is fixed but wont go back together, my mate who awesome with bikes and has done this shit hundreds of times has never seen a bike which has been so difficult to put back together.. :@

cheers mate, will definately check such an pain in the ass, everything is fixed but wont go back together, my mate who awesome with bikes and has done this shit hundreds of times has never seen a bike which has been so difficult to put back together.. :@

yeah the kick starter and spring on the hondas can be a pain. its pretty easy to get it out of whack when reinstalling it...