Sign in to follow this  

Urgent!! Can I just dip clutch plates in oil or do I have to soak them for a few hour

Well, I am going riding tomorrow and my clutch finally came in. But I don't have time to soak my clutch plates over night, so will I just be able to dip them in oil real quick instead of them being soaked overnight in oil?

let them sit for 5-10 mins and u will be fine, soaking overnight is overkill and offers no benefits (this came on a slip of paper w/ my clutch plates)

I've always just soaked them in oil a few minutes in a ziplock back and installed them. Never any problems.

I'd change the oil after your first ride with the new clutch. They tend to dirty up the oil the first ride.

The last clutch pack I bought (Barnett) came with a slip of paper that said soaking for any more than 5 minutes had absolutely zero advantages.

Thanks you guys. I just got done putting in my new clutch and Cannon Racecraft springs and I let the plates sit in oil for 1 1/2 hours. But now I know that if I am in a rush another time I can just soak them for like 10 minutes instead of overnight like I thought you had to do. Thanks again.

Thats funny I just asked this question about 3 days ago and got smart ass answers, Im glad you got a real one.