Airfilter

Today when i was cleaning the filter i noticed that there is a copper like mesh screen. I no on my kawasaki i had a twin air powerflow kit which didnt have that screen. I was wondering if anyof you are running that twin air thing or if u just cut the mesh out?

just cut it out, 250f's wont backfire hard enough to lite up a filter :thumbsup:

ive seen dynos of stock vs no screen and there was no diff. at all... i dont see any reason to do it

just cut it out, 250f's wont backfire hard enough to lite up a filter :thumbsup:

Is that really what the screens are for? I have one filter with the a screen (came with the bike) and one without (stock). I wondered what it was for and just assumed it was a 'better model'. Huh, guess I still got lots to learn!!!!

I've run mine with and without the screen. I couldn't tell any difference in power at all by my butt dyno. I put it back in, although I have to say my crf never backfired. BTW, you don' have to cut it, there are little tabs you bend and it will pop right off.

its good insurance to keep it in. then u kno, no dirt is gettin into ur bike.

I took mine out and tried it on my 07. did not make any difference and the time i had to spend on getting the hesitation and bog to go away was not worth it.

so i put it all back and runs fine. the bike is all stock.. not sure if it would make any difference if motor was modded. the only thing i can recommend is if its not broke don't fix it.. :thumbsup:

More air needs more fuel.Go one size bigger on the main and you feel the difference!

I did and did not run any different then with the screen in. and was hard to get rid of bog of idle. 1/8 to 14 throttle.. to much work for no gain in performance.

I wonder if the screen makes the air going into the motor have more turbulence, which i think would be good..

i was hoping it would mayb help get rid of the bog. what have you guys done to get rid of it?

i havent done ne thing becuz the "bog" never hits me. but others.. i hav heard they remove the float bowl baffle, and then they do some kind of "ap" mod i think it was.

i havent done ne thing becuz the "bog" never hits me. but others.. i hav heard they remove the float bowl baffle, and then they do some kind of "ap" mod i think it was.

The "some kind of AP mod" is in the 450 forum on a sticky, Basically all it is is hooking up your Accelerator Pump linkage to that set screw thingy with either a O-ring or safety wire. if you remove the throttle cover on the carb (where the cables are) and watch the the linkage when you snap the throttle open, youll notice that it cant keep up with the throttle, this "hardwires" them together and makes more fuel enter the cylinder faster from idle to 3/8 throttle.

And my Athena+Hotcams+Dr.D pipe+ Icat 280 motor has been modded slightly. backfire screen= no difference in or out