Sign in to follow this  

Murphy area

I'll be in Loserianna 30 SEP--8 OCT.

I may have the 10th and 11th off.

The 11th is my birthday. Possible ride on the 10th or 11th?

"O"

Damn...I gotta work. How about the 22 Oct?

Owyhee, you got the spelling wrong. Its Lousyanna.

ya'll just need to understand them thar Canjuns and once you do that you'll realize they are a hell of alot of fun to party with....you will never understand a word outta there mouths but they got some good eats and they know how to drink.....that is of course until you start hearing the banjo's play....then it's time to run.................

Game on!

I'll do some Google Earth searching and try and fine something interesting around Fossil?

"O"

Check out NASA's World Wind that is a good one too

Check out NASA's World Wind that is a good one too

So...you riding Sat or Sun? Or are you going to bail again.... :thumbsup:

ya'll just need to understand them thar Canjuns and once you do that you'll realize they are a hell of alot of fun to party with....you will never understand a word outta there mouths but they got some good eats and they know how to drink.....that is of course until you start hearing the banjo's play....then it's time to run.................

I'm doublely screwed. I get back from my trip to loserianna on Sunday at midnight and get on a plane to Minnesota at 7am Monday morning.

Cajun and Canadian. Two languages I can not speak.

"O"

I'm doublely screwed. I get back from my trip to loserianna on Sunday at midnight and get on a plane to Minnesota at 7am Monday morning.

Cajun and Canadian. Two languages I can not speak.

"O"

:thumbsup::lame::p

It wasnt to bad. Almost got ran into on the top of the hill by the parking lot. I was doing maybe 5 mph warming the bike up and the other guy was coming up the other side full bore and we met at the peak. He swerved, I swerved, He almost ate it!.I guess thats the way it is in the desert.

I would be interested in riding the Fossil area on Sunday. I've never been in that area so it would just be exploratory riding and trying not to get hopelessly lost. I'd like to find a way to get to the top of that big peak, I think it's Hayden (not War Eagle).

I would be interested in riding the Fossil area on Sunday. I've never been in that area so it would just be exploratory riding and trying not to get hopelessly lost. I'd like to find a way to get to the top of that big peak, I think it's Hayden (not War Eagle).

Getting to the top of the ridge is easy. If you have Google Earth I can send you the grids.

It's real easy to get to the top, the road to the top connects up to Silver City Road about 2 miles before Silver City and heads up from there.

"O"

Getting to the top of the ridge is easy. If you have Google Earth I can send you the grids.

It's real easy to get to the top, the road to the top connects up to Silver City Road about 2 miles before Silver City and heads up from there.

"O"

Thanks. I don't have Google Earth at this time. No Broadband.

I've got Delorme maps and USGS quads at home.

I think I know what part of Silver city road you're talking about. I believe I remember from last looking at the maps that it continues south of Silver City and up behind that peak and on down to Mud Flat road.

Thanks. I don't have Google Earth at this time. No Broadband.

I've got Delorme maps and USGS quads at home.

I think I know what part of Silver city road you're talking about. I believe I remember from last looking at the maps that it continues south of Silver City and up behind that peak and on down to Mud Flat road.

When I get home I'll do some Google Earthing and give you some distances for the turn from the summit and from the city.

"O"

I've been looking at Google Earth today. Looks like thats Hayden Peak (8367'). I didn't see a trail up from the direction of Fossil. Looks like the best way to get there would be on the road (or trail) off the Silver City road that goes up through Linehan Flat and past War Eagle(8058). It passes turntable Mountain(8090') enroute to Hayden Peak.