DRZ sm slipper clutch?

Do they make a slipper for a 2006 drz ?

no,but they are in severe need of one.

no,but they are in severe need of one.

Aint dat da truth! My rear end literally feels like it leaves the ground if I downshift hard without slipping the clutch myself.

what's the difference between the recluse and a slipper?

totally different tasks.an rekluse is a auto clutch.emlinates the need for the clutch lever.makes the stock clutch centrifical.

a slipper clutch only disengages the clutch slightly on hard decel to prevent wheel hop.

I cant believe nobody makes one for the DRZ. STM YOU'VE DROPPED THE BALL:foul:

Would thsi just be used for track day and strret riding?

Im new to supermoyo but dont they use "shift-lock" to back teh bikes into teh corner?

Im new to supermoyo but dont they use "shift-lock" to back teh bikes into teh corner?

If you want to die then yea go for it.

Supermoto riders make the rear wheel lose traction by dropping it 2 gears and releasing the clutch.

Then when the rear wheel is spinning faster than the front it'll slide out from under you.

In Theory!

Would thsi just be used for track day and strret riding?

what is shift lock?

why havent any companies made a slipper clutch yet for the drz? Seems like they would have a good return on investment considering how many supermoto drz's there are out there.

none to date.i could sell a dozen of them immediately.

If you want to die then yea go for it.

Supermoto riders make the rear wheel lose traction by dropping it 2 gears and releasing the clutch.

Then when the rear wheel is spinning faster than the front it'll slide out from under you.

In Theory!

Well I have looked into it (went to super moto school) and when they drop it 2 gears or whatever amount they do it causes teh wheel to go slower.... not faster

causing the rear end to lock.... teh slipper allows teh bike to spin the rear wheel just slow enough to break traction but not to much so the wheel wont lock

EDDIE- Shift lock is a term used in drifting (car world) meaning droping it a gear without rev-matching causing the rear end to lock... this is one way of initiating a drift, similar to trail braking

Travis

that will cuase the rear wheel to lock up, chatter and you to crash your brains out on a sm.

you dont want the rear wheel to stop.

the lock up has too much influence on suspension(brake jack) to stay active and will always slide whether on the brakes or 3 gears too low tryin to back it in. DH bicycles have almost fixed brake jack completely. i used to hate that shit on my YZ125/250 race bikes(before setup properly). try and brake too late and get an ass full of brake jack. no fun without traction! on road or off.

none to date.i could sell a dozen of them immediately.

me included (not necessarily from you) but i would have bought one though.

If more people email or write STM I'm sure they'll pull their head out and start making one. I emailed them back in January and this was the response;

Hello,

about Suzuki DRZ400 we don't have anything in this moment. Probably in the

future afte seeing the requests we could think to make it.

Stay tuned on your site to see more news.

Best regards

Paolo Rocchi

Sales Dept.

commerciale@stm.to.it

Strada srl - STM

So get writing, bug the crap out of STM, or any other slipper clutch maker until they yield and start making one.

why havent any companies made a slipper clutch yet for the drz? Seems like they would have a good return on investment considering how many supermoto drz's there are out there.

Maybe the demand from them is not as great as say for a CRF450F or other track/race SM bike?

that will cuase the rear wheel to lock up, chatter and you to crash your brains out on a sm.

you dont want the rear wheel to stop.

Been there, almost done that... Im getting a little better at slippingh it by hand, but theres nio way Im going to be able to do it as well as a slipper lap after lap

Thanks anyway

Travis

exactly,its very hard to repeat lap after lap.slipper clutch takes that out of the equation.

If you dont equate any b.s factors ... it could be coming.

Dear Jay,

about the DRZ 400 we are waiting for the test results, and then we could start for the production. I think that there will not be particular problems so in one month it could be ready.

Regards,

Paolo Rocchi

Sales Department

STM Trading srl

Tel: +39 011 942 28 32

Fax:+39 011 947 14 47