Sign in to follow this  

new jump(desert style)

well, I was out the other day when I decided to put in a new jump. I have posted some pics of my jumps before, however, people did not like them because they though they were un-safe(due to the ply wood showing). But, this time, I decided to make it have a little more physical appeal, as well as performance issues. I used the basic framing as last time, with little modifications, and decided to not show the ply wood or any of the framing. I just went out today to make it look a little better, and to measure it(50 feet. on the dot). Although it may look like a bmx jump, it is a fun single person jump, that is very easy to throw a whip off of. And it only takes a brap off of 2nd gear to send you 50 feet.

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3508523

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3508524

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3508525

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3508526

PS. for all of the people who build their own tracks, I have sand around here, so it is very difficult to make a huge jump. I work with what I have, and I make it worth hitting.

whats the landing look like... 50feet and no groomed landing should be a real uhh eye opener/frame breaker

looks like a fun jump for putting around and showing off whips/no footers to guests...... Only thing i would segest is getting it much mroe wet, a bunch of times before you hit it, even with the wood it will get un shaped fast.

I am 100% sure the frame will not break haha, but I am not sure about your wrists. And because I just have sand around here, I lined the face of the jump with wood, then covered it with dirt.--then just hose it down, and the sand turns a little harder.

we have sand down here too, just wet it down really well and your good to go. and theres no problem w/ a small landing, as long as its not a flat one.

I tore down a flat one that I have right next to it; you had to pull high before you hit the floor, or you would bottom out. The reason I tore it down, was because none of my friends were hitting it.

You should make use of the hill in the photos!!! Make a take-off on one side and land on the other side, instant tabletop! It's not easy using sand 'cause it ruts up fast, but you could use the plywood or whatever is lying around to make it last a bit longer. If you know anyone that can weld, get a ramp made up to sit on one side of the hill(dig a hole in the hill to put the ramp in if you don't want the distance too big). It doesn't have to be a huge ramp, just something that'll get you onto or over the hill.

well, actually, if you have never seen 50 feet, it is not alot(or at least to me). All you have to do is hit it in second pinned for a second. I will put up some action pics soon. I have many jumps all arouns my house on the hills and such; I just wanted to put up a pic of this pile I made. Search the forum of home tracks. I have many other places that I ride.

got any action shots?

that is just pictures of a pile of dirt/sand................................

i doubt that your jumping 50ft. off that. i have a jump bigger than that and only go about 20-25ft. i don't have a landing but the jump is going downhill and i land farther down the hill. even my jump, when i land the landing can be a little hard.

Forget about jumping man.

You could make a sick little sand track in that

area. Put up some cones or old tires and form a salomon course of sorts

that loops around and you can even hit that jump.

The berms you could build up after just 20 laps would be sick.

People pay big money around here to get sand dumped on

their track.

The track would get all whooped out. You have the ultimate

little training ground there.

i doubt that your jumping 50ft. off that. i have a jump bigger than that and only go about 20-25ft. i don't have a landing but the jump is going downhill and i land farther down the hill. even my jump, when i land the landing can be a little hard.

Looks close to 50 ft to me. I guess you guys are missing it but I also see the landing in the first pic. There is a drop slope after the level ground. Kinda hard to see. Anyway, stop busting his balls. Looks like a fun little jump to have in your backyard.

:thumbsup: