Can a bent Rim be fixed ??

Or am I looking at buying a replacment front rim ? My son and his buddy ran head on into each other on a trail and the TTR90 front rim now has a bit of a flat area on it, Oh Yeah the kids are fine.

Take the tire off, loosen up the spokes around the bent area and pound it out with a rubber mallet.

Or am I looking at buying a replacment front rim ? My son and his buddy ran head on into each other on a trail and the TTR90 front rim now has a bit of a flat area on it, Oh Yeah the kids are fine.

With some care, and good tools to help form the edges right, you can probably get the rim close to straight. Seeing as this is not a high speed performance bike, and the tire is a tube type, you should be all right if you don't have to bend it too far. Be sure to smooth out any burrs with a file that may occur from the bending, an untended burr will slice through a tube fast.

You have nothing to lose by trying, except for some time, if it don't work, then you have to buy a rim.

Take the tire off, loosen up the spokes around the bent area and pound it out with a rubber mallet.

Thanks for the tip, I have used the rubber mallet to get it more round, but I didn't think to loosen the spokes.