pilot jet

Ok I am slightly new too all this have been reading here alot this week. I have had my 400s for a year now and feel its time to make it better. I would like to know if there is a DIY for dynojet install. From what I understand in the DJ kit you get everything you need except the piolt jet, and I understand that I am at sea level so should get a 25pj. Thanks in advance.

help?

Ok I am slightly new too all this have been reading here alot this week. I have had my 400s for a year now and feel its time to make it better. I would like to know if there is a DIY for dynojet install. From what I understand in the DJ kit you get everything you need except the piolt jet, and I understand that I am at sea level so should get a 25pj. Thanks in advance.

There is also some good reading on DRZ jetting here

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31038

Actually, all you use from the DJ kit is the needle and spring. And the coupon for a free dyno run, of course.

If at sea level and using the stock pipe, the recommendation is main jet 140, pilot jet 25

So you would need to purchase both of them, plus I would recommend the SS float bowl screw kit, and the Kientech extended fuel screw. With after market pipe, use the stock 142.5, pilot jet still 25.

It has been noted before the DJ kit assumes no 3x3 hole in the airbox, so the recommendations for jets are more lean. Also note DJ jets are based on hole size, Mikuni jets are based on flow, so they do not map 1:1

you guys rock thanks, whats the standard MJ and PJ ?

I am at the same elevation as you in central NJ. Before my FCR was installed my setup on my 400S was:

145 MJ

25 PJ

4th Clip

DJ kit

2.25 turns on the fuel screw...

Good luck, its a pretty easy job if you take your time. Get all the extras, like the SS bowl screws, extended fuel screw, etc...