Sign in to follow this  

No toil is it good or not

Hi ! I would like to know if some of you use notoil system for their air filter. Do you like it does it work like they said ( easy cleaning) do you feel your engine is well proteck with this oil , is it very tacky. Please give me your input if you use that.

:thumbsup:

I used the No-Toil system when it first came out, it is a neat idea on paper but I soon had doubts about using it. Being able to be cleaned by water is handy but there were a lot of times I cleaned our filters and it seemed as a lot of the chemical was already gone. Also if you ride in any kind of wet weather I would not use it as the chemical-along with the dirt- seemed to pass thru easily when any moisture got on the filter. I wanted the system to work but was not very confident using it on our race bikes.

I use it and wouldnt use anything else.I ride in very dusty conditions 3 or 4 times a week and never have anything in the tunnel.I have been using it on my crf450 since it was new and never had a valve issue (350hrs)so its enough proof for me.Here is how to use it.First buy the big bottle(1 litre?)of oil and then buy a box of oxyclean from sams or walmart for 10 bucks, lasts forever and use that to wash your filters.I soak the filters for 5 min then rinse and hit it with a little dish soap just to be safe .then get you a cheap restraunt katchup bottle put the oil in there and then you can oil right where you want it(shake it up first) ring your filter good install and your ready to rock .Oh yea if you buy a pro-seal ring you wont have to use the rim grease. I just bought a rmz with pj already in the filter and then switched over to no-toil when I gota new filter and it seems like the no-toil breaths better.and now for the long answer.

thank's for your answer. I will give it a try. I ride mostly on a semi dry (they have sprinkler to wet it a bit) to dry sand track,so water don't seems to be a problem for me , but from the DVD they give tome with the systems, its supose to be very water proof.Thank's for the Oxyxlean tips.

:thumbsup:

The Oxy Clean thing seems like a great idea. I didnt know what that cleaner was. Is it actually the same as Oxy Clean or does it just work well enough?

I have been using No Toil and love it. Everyone I know uses it and loves it. It seems very waterproof. Has anyone ever tried to clean it out using soap and water? It is impossible! I have had no dirt in the tunnel either. :thumbsup:

The Oxy Clean thing seems like a great idea. I didnt know what that cleaner was. Is it actually the same as Oxy Clean or does it just work well enough?

:

The oxyclean I buy from sams club works just like the no-toil cleaner only its about 1/8 the cost .if you put them in your hand and droped a little water on it the no-toil seems to get hotter faster but thats about the only difference I've noticed.And I found some Polmolive dish soap"with oxy" at the grocery store so I had to buy that of course and use it to rinse out the oxy clean (over kill) but oh-boy do I have clean filters ,.shgerk.

No troil is the only way to go. No messy clean up. I use PH Plus (same stuff you use the raise the PH level in a pool) to clean my filter. Sounds crazy but does the same as the oxy clean and is about 1 dollar a pound at wal-mart. :thumbsup:

If I'm riding regularly, the No Toil system works great however, when my bike sits for a month or so the filter seems to bond itself to the airbox. I almost had to rip out my wifes airfilter because it was practically glued to the airbox.

If I'm riding regularly, the No Toil system works great however, when my bike sits for a month or so the filter seems to bond itself to the airbox. I almost had to rip out my wifes airfilter because it was practically glued to the airbox.

Do you use the rim grease or pro seal?

I finaly try the Notoil kit,and this is what i thing of it. First , the oil seams to be tacky and no dirt have gone trought the filter.Its very easy to clean like they said no mess ( excellent) . What i don't like : First i used Twin Air Filter, and the color of the oil is a dark orange , like the interior of the twin air filter, so its very dificult to see if you have enought oil everywere.I would prefer a dark blue or dark green it will be easier to see if its ok for any filter ( uni red, twin air orange etc...). Second . I'm not impress at all with the Notoil grease. It seam to be more a cream than a Grease. The only things that these things do is colored the ring in green, its like paint. Its not tacky at all , and i don't feel my engine too secure with this cream ( grease). But like i said at the begining i don't see any dirt in the air boot.(But until now i have ride in damp to humid sand.I will see if its as good in dry condition in the sand.)3rd :the grease seam to be soluble with water only, so i would not ride in havy rain with that.It seam to flow more air with no toil. My bike start easier than with the Belray oil i was using.So in conclusion overall i realy like the NOtoil product because its very easy and you do no mess with that. In general i would rate it an 7.5 on a scale of 10 for the protection ( 10 being BelRay oil filter with bel ray grease + pc seal kit).But if you combine the protection +the way you clean it notoil is a winner..I will adopt no toil system for the future, but i will try to find another biodegradable grease that will be more tacky, and that will be washable with oxyxlean or no toil cleaner.

Less time in the shop more time to ride.

:devil: