fremont loop trail?

Hey all I was wondering if anyone had gps info on the fremont loop trail that goes by the husky? I have been on parts of it but have never done the complete trail. any help here would be wonderful. :thumbsup:

I had no idea that there was a "Fremont Loop trail." There are a whole bunch of roads in the general area. Unfortunately, pretty much anything that is a single track is illegal.

I'm kind of old school. I have a GPS, but I've never used it for a ride like this. I just use maps. I've even been to the Husky on a night ride.

I usually do a loop from Cuddyback, to Blackwater well. Then the (legal) road through the wilderness to the Aztec Mine. That's the mine about a mile form the Husky. I usually go down the canyon and make a right at the main wash. Then after a couple of miles a left and go around the south and west of Fremont. It's a decent loop.

I've also made a loop be heading east and going through Black Canyon. The main limitation is gas range.

To make a correction, a lot of single track is legal. The Coyotes dual sport in Dec. will use about 100 miles of it. I was part of the 2002 BLM survey of roads and trails in the area and we GPSed the Fremont Loop for the BLM map. The trail was layed out by my friend in So Cal, Ran Hopper about 1975. It left from his favorite campsite and went to Inscription Cyn. You can cut the route by riding south of Fremont Pk. Use the Friends of Jawbone map. Once you cut it ride east into Black Cyn. Go thru the cyn. to the east and thru scouts cove to inscription cyn. coming back you need to take a small road north and then hook up with the trail just south of the Mojave B range fence which is east of the Golden Valley wilderness. This is the hard section because of the faintness of the trail. You really need to know your landmarks. The trail crosses the Bird springs road about a half mile north of the monument. We surveyed over 1200 miles of single track between Ridgecrest and El Mirage and the good Stuff will be signed by BLM when they can get to it. In the mean time ride on.

To make a correction, a lot of single track is legal.

I'd sure like to know where some of these trails are. I made my comment based from my observations of the area in theh immediate vicinity of Fremont Peak. Every single track that I used to ride long ago, now has a "no" sign on it. The BLM put those up several years ago.

Some of my friends are thinking of camping at the little dry lake south of Cuddyback and right below Fremont peak the weekend after next. I'd love to know about any single track that is available south or Red Mountain, east of the 395, north of the 58, and west of Opal mountain.

To make a correction, a lot of single track is legal. The Coyotes dual sport in Dec. will use about 100 miles of it. I was part of the 2002 BLM survey of roads and trails in the area and we GPSed the Fremont Loop for the BLM map. The trail was layed out by my friend in So Cal, Ran Hopper about 1975. It left from his favorite campsite and went to Inscription Cyn. You can cut the route by riding south of Fremont Pk. Use the Friends of Jawbone map. Once you cut it ride east into Black Cyn. Go thru the cyn. to the east and thru scouts cove to inscription cyn. coming back you need to take a small road north and then hook up with the trail just south of the Mojave B range fence which is east of the Golden Valley wilderness. This is the hard section because of the faintness of the trail. You really need to know your landmarks. The trail crosses the Bird springs road about a half mile north of the monument. We surveyed over 1200 miles of single track between Ridgecrest and El Mirage and the good Stuff will be signed by BLM when they can get to it. In the mean time ride on.

:lame::thumbsup::p

I camp out there every T-giving at the second lake south of cuddeback (at the concrete block) Lots of good riding out there.

:lame::thumbsup::p

I camp out there every T-giving at the second lake south of cuddeback (at the concrete block) Lots of good riding out there.

So are you the one that has shot up the place? I was there a while back and looks like some people have fun with guns at that concrete block.

so do you have gps of the route? I have tried in the past to find the trail but it with no luck. I always am looking for people that know the area out there to show me around but can never find anyone that knows the area and is available to ride on sundays. Well I guess i will need to do some more exploring.

Nope, I set my steel target up on the hillside, and I usually pick up a lot of trash that the scumbags leave out there, I always leave it cleaner when I leave.

Nope, I set my steel target up on the hillside, and I usually pick up a lot of trash that the scumbags leave out there, I always leave it cleaner when I leave.

Good for you dd. I am glad to hear that. I wish other people would do the same. I try to pick up as much trash on trails whenever I see it. :thumbsup:

The red closed signs where put up by the Ridgecrest BLM when the interim closures where in effect. Note: the boundary between Ridgecrest and Barstow is the road in EF 411 and the road over the hill and on east past Golden Valley entrance EF473. So Ridgecrest used red signs and Barstow didn't put up any signs,so you have them going to Red Mtn. and don't going towards 58. The new rule is "closed unless signed open" which is dumb.But right now its not being enforced because they haven't got around to it. So I say ride any trail you want. The red signs will come down in time.