Correct 05 CRF450R valve fix?

First of all, please excuse my call name. I know i'am in the Red Rider Hood!

What I am after is the correct fix for my riding buddies 05 CRF450R. I have already adjusted his intakes once and the left was a negative .006. After only apporx. 3 more hours of ride time there is zero lash on the same valve.

After much reveiw it appears the way to go is to get a 06 head and put kibblewhite valves and springs in it!? Is ths correct? Or do you guys suggest something else. Need to get him back on the track ASAP. Thanks for any help in advance!!

what i did with my 05 was have the seats cut and installed new oem valves and springs.you can buy the parts online from either tt oem or crotchrocket.com for a really good price.

send the head off to RHC and have him instal new seats (tougher) Ferra valves and the spring kit. Much cheaper then an 07 head and valves, and springs.

send the head off to RHC and have him instal new seats (tougher) Ferra valves and the spring kit. Much cheaper then an 07 head and valves, and springs.

I know Ron does good work but there is no way that the work and parts you describe is cheaper than new OEM valves, springs and head. You can buy brand new OEM '06 valves, springs and head for under $400.

2004 TRX450R intake valves work perfect. They are made out of steel and the clearance won't change over time. Unless you are a pro racer I would consider going this route. The stock TRX450R valves are about $30 a piece, along with stock valve spring. I have personally done this fix to two 2005 and the guys have been running the bikes for over 6 months without any adjustment or problem.

So as you can see there are many options, this option works and you don't have to pay an arm and a leg to repair your friends bike.

I have also used the kibblewhite intake valves and spring kit which I have put on my personal 2002 bike. It also has been excellent. But if I do ever change the valves again I will be using TRX450R valves.

is this retail at the dealers or some place on the internet? i get oem honda stuff for cost plus 10% at my local dealer and im trying to figure how much it will cost me, im thinking that buying an '06 head, valves, springs will be less then getting my '05 head fixed. my clearance went to zero, i shimmed it but its just temporary until it goes back to zero again..

The parts are under $400 through www.servicehonda.com. If you get parts at cost+10%, your bill will easily be under $400.

Buy all new stuff and sell your old head on ebay. You'll save a lot of dough.

my 05 450R went to zero on the intakes about 5 months agoand I had Kibblewhite springs and valves installed. I checked them the other day and they were still right were I set them up at.

:lame:

I could not be happier with my set up, just my opinion.. :thumbsup:

my 05 450R went to zero on the intakes about 5 months agoand I had Kibblewhite springs and valves installed. I checked them the other day and they were still right were I set them up at.

:lame:

I could not be happier with my set up, just my opinion.. :thumbsup:

did you get the seats cut as well?