Bell Mountain / Slash-X Directions

What's the best way to get to these spots from OC?

What offramps, etc?

thx

Go up the 15 freeway north towards Vegas, over the cajon pass, passed hesperia and Victorville, exit the 15 at Stoddard Wells Road(use the second one, there's 2 off ramps close to each other} Go right, and keep on going until it turns to dirt. Even the dirt part of Stoddard Wells Road is a state hwy, and you must be plated to use it. I'm not so sure this is the "legal" place to ride and camp anymore though, but people still are. Slash x is about 20 more miles north east of the old stoddard road riding location. The OHV areas are actually down the 15 freeway more towards Barstow. Slash x is accessible from them too.

Google earth is good.

To get to slash-x take the 15N, exit Barstow Rd. (247). Turn right and follow it 15 miles or so (I don't know the exact mileage). Slash-X is on the right. Take any dirt road, find a place to unload and :thumbsup:

GPS Coordinates for Slash X is : N 34' 45.610

W 117' 00.608

Go up the 15 freeway north towards Vegas, over the cajon pass, passed hesperia and Victorville, exit the 15 at Stoddard Wells Road(use the second one, there's 2 off ramps close to each other} Go right, and keep on going until it turns to dirt. Even the dirt part of Stoddard Wells Road is a state hwy, and you must be plated to use it. I'm not so sure this is the "legal" place to ride and camp anymore though, but people still are. Slash x is about 20 more miles north east of the old stoddard road riding location. The OHV areas are actually down the 15 freeway more towards Barstow. Slash x is accessible from them too.

Google earth is good.

:thumbsup:GO LEFT!

You can also get to Slash-X by following the powerline dirt road off of Boulder/Dale Evans Pkwy. It will practically run into the place. The dirt part of Stoddard Wells Road crosses this powerline road not from from Slash-X as well.

:thumbsup:GO LEFT!

Ooops the off ramp spins you around, then go left or east :lame:

Google earth 'Victorville' puts you right at old town Victorville, at the beginning of Stoddard Wells Road and hwy 18 at the Mojave river. That outer hwy 15 is sweet now! I love blazin' down it out to the desert on my dual sport.

I need to find a few dual sport riders up here in the high desert.

Or you could get off on Hodges rd. Stage there and then take the powerline rd to slash X.

cool thanks guys...are these spots out far enough to be affected by the weekend fwy repairs?

cool thanks guys...are these spots out far enough to be affected by the weekend fwy repairs?

I think they have some thing going where the 15 and the 215 split at Hyundai Pavillion/block buster. Not sure how bad that is, coming up to ride. But the riding areas in the high dez require you to pass through it. I think it's mostly the 215 S that's getting more lanes there...

i saw on the news last night that for the next 6 weekends the 15 is going to be all jacked up due to repair of cracks in the concrete fwys.