Sign in to follow this  

I'm BAAACK!!!

:lame: Well, after my message of almost 1.5 million messages posted since I was last on here (whew), I don't think I will try to catch up on those...

I was waylayed for the past year and a half between being in Iraq, moving, and retiring from the military.

So now I am unemployed, chillin', and finally went out to El Mirage dry lake with a buddy for the first time and had a BLAST!!! I had never had my bike up to top speed before and that was the perfect place to do it. I don't know what my bikes top speed is but it whooped any other bike that was tryin' to run with me that day. I do know that I was goin' over 85 mph and still climbin', someone had a speedo on their bike and it only went to 85...heheh

There is also some excellant riding on the east northeast side of the lake, a mix of everything (but mud). I hadn't had my bike out in almost as much time as I hadn't been on here and it felt great. I am sore in places I didn't know could get sore and after two days of hard riding, it felt great to get back in the saddle!

I also met another TT member out there by the name of Brown Cow (sp?), tried to find him here but the search isn't findin' him. If anyone knows the guy, let him know I am tryin' ta find him here....

Anyway, it is good to be back and I HIGHLY recommend El Mirage for ridin', it wasn't even crowded (in the hills, anyway) for a nice weekend.

Peace!! :thumbsup:

is this town square? whats your dirtbike question?

wow, haven't been here a month and already running the show.. :thumbsup:

welcome back.

:p Well, after my message of almost 1.5 million messages posted since I was last on here (whew), I don't think I will try to catch up on those...

I was waylayed for the past year and a half between being in Iraq, moving, and retiring from the military.

So now I am unemployed, chillin', and finally went out to El Mirage dry lake with a buddy for the first time and had a BLAST!!! I had never had my bike up to top speed before and that was the perfect place to do it. I don't know what my bikes top speed is but it whooped any other bike that was tryin' to run with me that day. I do know that I was goin' over 85 mph and still climbin', someone had a speedo on their bike and it only went to 85...heheh

There is also some excellant riding on the east northeast side of the lake, a mix of everything (but mud). I hadn't had my bike out in almost as much time as I hadn't been on here and it felt great. I am sore in places I didn't know could get sore and after two days of hard riding, it felt great to get back in the saddle!

I also met another TT member out there by the name of Brown Cow (sp?), tried to find him here but the search isn't findin' him. If anyone knows the guy, let him know I am tryin' ta find him here....

Anyway, it is good to be back and I HIGHLY recommend El Mirage for ridin', it wasn't even crowded (in the hills, anyway) for a nice weekend.

Peace!! :thumbsup:

Welcome back :lame::bonk:

Its a general motorcycling post, first off explaining why he was gone, and secondly, his love for a new found riding spot

Doesn't need to be a question

"If your topic is not make/model specific, but still related to motorcycling, please post it here."

Doesn't need to be a question

"If your topic is not make/model specific, but still related to motorcycling, please post it here."

:thumbsup:

I'm glad he posted here and told his story. I like reading stuff like that. Considering I never go into the California forum, I'm glad that he posted it here in General. Do you see a mod moving it? You seem to be the only one with a problem with it. I do however appologize for calling you a moron. That is out of my character. Anyways, don't get your panties in a bunch because someone decided to share a little story here in the General section. The Gerenal section, IMO, is for posting stories, non make/model specific questions, etc. It has been like that for awhile. You have been here, what, not even a month yet. So wait until you get some time on here to figure out how everthing works. :thumbsup: I'm not looking to start a little flaming war, just getting my point across to you.

That would be me! :lame:

Had a great day riding too! But dont tell people about the secret riding on the back side of El Mirage.

Next time your in town we will have to ride (quadless LOL). :thumbsup: