Help me identify this odd aftermarket brake light switch?

I just bought a used 06 400sm with 1700 miles on it.

The original owners spent some money on some weird mods at at least to me.

I noticed that the front brake line has been replaced. It has this goofy billet piece above the bars that is supposed to be for cooling the salesmen said? I just laughed.

I also noticed that the front brake has to be pulled a long way to get the tail light to light up. Seems that on this new line they installed a banjo bolt/ pressure switch. I don't like this at all.

Can anyone explain to me why someone would do this?

Also it has aftermarket chain tensioner blocks. Is this really necessary or just a bling mod?

I have a similar switch {I think} on my bike ,works fine maybe the previous owner didn't bleed the system when he changed the switch. Might be an E model master cyl hence no place for a switch but in the line? ?

The stock switch is still on the lever assy with the wires pulled off of it and then tied into the wiring for the new switch. The brakes do feel fine but maybe they do need to be bled. All I know is it takes a good bit of brake to get the light to come on. If I just barely tap the rear brake the light comes on instantaneously.

I lied lol.

I was able to make do with pics I took yesterday.

First two pics are just some general pics of the bike.

103182.jpg

103183.jpg

Here is a pic of the white spring which I now assume is the stock spring for an o6

103185.jpg

Here is a pic of the chain tensioners.

103186.jpg

Last but not least is a pic of the front brake M/C

In red is the goofy line cooler thingie.

In yellow is the pressure switch add on.

In blue is the stock switch.

103189.jpg

I assume img tags are turned off here and or I need more posts?

Looks stock to me. The "chain tensioner" you mention is a crash bobbin which stops your shock etc getting trasshed when you throw the bike down the road, there should be one on the front wheel. The front brake looks stock and the piece of whatever it is on the brake hose above the dials looks like it is there to stop the brake line "chattering" against the nylar holders on the forks.

Nice looking bike though, have fun.

The red chain tension blocks are in backwards...the end with the holes should be pointed towards the adjust screw. The purpose of these blocks is that they have more 'meat' on them vs. stock so you don't have to back the screws so far out. Even though you tighten down on the axle nut, there is still force on these screws when you gas it. The theory is that with the screw backed out so far, it could bend. The MX guys have always tried to limit how much those screws stick out of the swingarm for this reason and that's what created the idea of the aftermarket blocks.

They'll work fine as they are, but if you ever take off the wheel, I'd swap them around and readjust the screws.

The longer blocks are nice when you go to a smaller (40, 39 or 38) tooth rear sprocket, as when using the stock chain, the wheel goes back farther with the smaller sprocket. These blocks make it so you don't have to back those adjustment screws so far out.

I concur, you better get that fixed before someone runs over your ass.

Now that being said

ON my bike this must be a pretty obscure setup since none of you are jumping right out and saying oh yeah that is a such and such kit.

Sounds to me like it is getting removed. ?

Thank you MountainDog

I will turn them around soon I am ordering a set of distanzias tonight.

Also on the brake light issue, here is a pic of the add on pressure switch that makes no damn sense and the stock one still on the bike.

103406.jpg

If anything replace the front brake line. If you want to get rid of the brake sensor deal Ill get it from you. Only reason being i want to run ASV levers on my bike. but ASV doesn't make a lever that will operate the stock front brake light switch.

Well some progress made on the new bike today.

I unhooked the silly pressure switch and hooked the stock wires back to the stock switch. Brake light problem fixed.

The red bling bling blocks are now turned around the right direction and the 3 inches of chain slack adjusted out.

This morning on the way to work the speedo cable fell off. Got that fixed as well.

now all I need is some damn turn signals and more agressive tires and it should be hell on wheels.

Thanks for all the tips so far guys.