any suggestions as to where i could get work done in the midwest area:(ill/wisc)

i bought a new yz450f and i want to take it to a shop to get motorwork, as well as suspension done. i mostly go to dist 17 races and ive heard a couple names. has anyone gotten work done at any of these shops SF performance prosnow or 4- PR performance? or do u think it would be better to send my stuff out of state to get done?

I had some motor work done and the suspesion revalved on a crf 250 at Jackson Proformance in East Moline Ill. Jackson is good and reasonable price wise. Not sure of how far you are far you are from the Quad Citys but he could be worth a try.

I had some motor work done and the suspesion revalved on a crf 250 at Jackson Proformance in East Moline Ill. Jackson is good and reasonable price wise. Not sure of how far you are far you are from the Quad Citys but he could be worth a try.

Excellent Reputation at Jackson's , :thumbsup:

I had some work done there once, they were kind of slow,at least in my case, so stay on them and make sure you get a date for completion

phone # : Jackson Performance Center

(309) 796-0850

4-PR is expensive, I check into them.

Eric Gorr is doing motor work out of Tuf Racing in Dekalb, IL. I've never ridden one of his bikes, but I hear they are awesome!

Borelli is another local choice for suspension work. They have a good reputation and do good work.

Borelli is another local choice for suspension work. They have a good reputation and do good work.

Is Borelli spendy? I think that FC, Race Tech, 4-PR, MB-1 are all so over priced....

Ron, did you have any suspension work done?

Is Borelli spendy? I think that FC, Race Tech, 4-PR, MB-1 are all so over priced....

Ron, did you have any suspension work done?

Borelli is cheap when it comes to suspension work and they do good work. I haven't had mine done yet, going to over the winter. Hogie had them do his, I rode his bike, and it is plush. Total cost for front and rear is around $325.

Another vote for Jackson.

Another vote for Jackson.

Yeah, but you ride a pumpkin, so your vote doesn't count!! :p:thumbsup::lame:

Yeah, but you ride a pumpkin, so your vote doesn't count!! :eek::lame::p
Yeah, but think about it. If Jackson can work miracles on a KTM, he HAS to be good. :bonk::thumbsup::bonk:

Uh, Oh, here we go.

Yeah, but think about it. If Jackson can work miracles on a KTM, he HAS to be good. :bonk::thumbsup::eek:

Uh, Oh, here we go.

:lame: ...... :p

Sf performance is my vote. They have Tom Zont there working on engines and suspension. There is nobody better. He does work for Polvony, Stiles, Six, Whitney, Marquardt, Lansing and a host of other pro's and fast guys.

Sf performance is my vote. They have Tom Zont there working on engines and suspension. There is nobody better. He does work for Polvony, Stiles, Six, Whitney, Marquardt, Lansing and a host of other pro's and fast guys.

ahhhh?? not everyone wants their suspension to feel like a pro's. Usually a pro's suspension is way stifffer than an average rider. Not to say that Moto is a B rider, but a suspension guru should be able to dial your suspenders in for every type/ability rider.

A good tuner will ask you "would do you like/dislike about your current set-up?" If you don't know, then don't get anything done.

Tom does plenty of mini's and C riders too.

Tom does plenty of mini's and C riders too.

His website kind of sucks....he doesn't even mention suspension work or motor work. :thumbsup:

4PR is good. Ive ridden about every suspension out there and 4PR does a good job. I used them in supercross and the nationals the last two years with no problems. The price is not that outrageous when compared to sending it out of state. I've had enzo, rg3, pro circuit, and the 4PR stuff is just as good. Rob Brown,(the owner) works closely with Mike Batista from MB1. He knows his stuff. He does engine mods as well.

His website kind of sucks....he doesn't even mention suspension work or motor work. :thumbsup:

That would be Steve the owner who tries to do the website and

as he clearly states on one page, 'He is not a web guy'

Tom would be the mechanic that has nothing to do with the web site.

I'd rather have the suspension guru than the webmaster.

Now quit ripping on someone you know nothing about.

I think Tom Zont, Eric Gorr, & Gary Borelli do absolutely great work. I would highly reccommend any of these companies. I would look around the area (tracks) and try some of there bikes and the work that has been done. Bryan White has done a lot of great testing for us and I appreciate the compliments.

I Use 4-pr Suspension And Motor And Feel They Preform Very Well I Had Them Built In March And Have Had No Problems All Year. I Only Have One Bike So Reliability Is Very Inportant. I Am Currantly Wining Dist. 17 Qaud A Points And Owe It To 4-pr My Vote Is 4-pr.

Tom's done all my motor work and suspension for years. My 1995 KX pulled a couple of hole shots at lake geneva against a host of open bikes and 426 4-strokes in +30 class (that's when it was a 5th gear wide open start straight!). Everytime I've gotten my suspension back from him it was perfect. If you don't like something he goes out of his way to make it right too.

Top notch. :thumbsup: