Sign in to follow this  

Longveiw???

They need to bulldoze all that crappy dirt out of there and move new dirt in. If they don't have the funds for it, longview will never compete with the other tracks. Ever. Somone needs to donate $250,000 (dirt, wages and equip, facilities, etc) for that track to turn around. I hope it happens someday.

Anyone ever think of putting an indoor area on that property?

Dang Hook, you don't want much do ya :thumbsup:

Well it would be nice if it would turn around. It needs a little help, so much could be done with so little if a few people would care to help.

If I had money/resources sitting around Longview woud be the first track I would donate to. I have so many ideas for that track, but they will never happen without a blessing from God and that's not to far fetched, God can work in so many ways!

Someday maybe I or somone else will be blessed with enough money to help out, but they will need to let us build a church retreat on the property. Many many people at my church ride MX including the pastors. I will start praying about it :thumbsup:

track was pretty nice I was there w/ my dad rad'sdad on Saturday, it had all dem nice ruts and those dirt hills that you jump from one to the nother, kyle you shoulda came saturday pusslips it was pretty nice.

track was pretty nice I was there w/ my dad rad'sdad on Saturday, it had all dem nice ruts and those dirt hills that you jump from one to the nother, kyle you shoulda came saturday pusslips it was pretty nice.

What are you, 13? Even if you are... oh never mind. I'm going to try to be nice.

And Hook... $250,000? They'd never get it back. You know how hard it is to run a track? Not saying they couldn't work harder or make it better, but that's a tall order for Longview. I'd say they need a good management team, and a business plan. If they already have one, then a better one. You're right, it has potential. And I'd be willing to help but I'm not going to spend my money on it unless others are willing to pitch in as well.

A track is just another business. You have to spend money to make money. Longview has huge potential and could be a first rate track and a big draw for riders in a competetive area.

I drive 2 1/2 hours each way to ride here. Straddleline in closer and cheaper but I like the mix of Longview. I love riding in the river on a hot day to cool down. The trail along the river is fast and fun. So get a responsible, reliable dozer driver and start grooming EVERYTHING. The old GP course is a sea of hidden ruts under tall grass. The little kiddie track jumps that are part of the GP are whooped out and rocky. Not the place for little guys.

Yes the MX track dirt is a lot of clay, but that can be amended, and made into a good 3 season track. I have ridden here several times this summer,and after discing, the dozer drags that concrete pillar thing around and the clumps disappear and the track becomes outstanding.

Diesel fuel prices are way down. Get on it.

I guess people have different ideas on what prepped is. I have seen Washougal have those same dirt clods in the am and everybody said it was great. Half the fun of it is making lines in it. It wasnt perfect, but its still fun. Just need to add some more jump combos and fix that turn after the table.

Is this Jeff???

I could write a book on track prep at Longview. I have spent more hours on a dozer there than I can count. It wouldn't take a whole lot to get it into decent shape. That was the point of the rebuild in '04, but unfortunately it didn't work out as planned. I used to prep the track up in about three hours in the morning before everyone got there and it would be fine. The key is learning how to build a track that doesn't wear out and take alot of work. The first thing they need to do is build a clod-breaker to drag behind the disk. That would make all the difference in the world...........

I don't care about the dirt but the layout there is BORING as it is right now.

Everybody needs to chill out!!! The season is practically over. Stop the bitch'n and get out and ride no matter what the conditions are. I am the one who is out their volunteering......not you!!!!! So shut up, and go ride those other tracks so you can bitch about those too!!!

I've been out of town for the last two weeks and my buddy Doug has been out their by himself. He didn't know anything about how to work or build a track 6 weeks ago, but Ive been teaching him the ropes and I think he is doing an awesome job. It's supposed to rain on friday but saturday is going to be sunshine and I will have the track ready for saturday morning.

I'm sorry for getting out of control, but sometimes you need to think about all the bitching you do and realize that one day there might not be any more tracks around to ride,then where are you going to go? We are in the making of some major changes and the track will be in tip top condition by next spring and ready for races. So just hold back all of you whining and ride!!

bikeslmx.jpg

Everybody needs to chill out!!! The season is practically over. Stop the bitch'n and get out and ride no matter what the conditions are. I am the one who is out their volunteering......not you!!!!! So shut up, and go ride those other tracks so you can bitch about those too!!!

I've been out of town for the last two weeks and my buddy Doug has been out their by himself. He didn't know anything about how to work or build a track 6 weeks ago, but Ive been teaching him the ropes and I think he is doing an awesome job. It's supposed to rain on friday but saturday is going to be sunshine and I will have the track ready for saturday morning.

I'm sorry for getting out of control, but sometimes you need to think about all the bitching you do and realize that one day there might not be any more tracks around to ride,then where are you going to go? We are in the making of some major changes and the track will be in tip top condition by next spring and ready for races. So just hold back all of you whining and ride!!

bikeslmx.jpg

Dude we have the right to bitch. If I pay $25 to ride on a track it better be fun.

bikeslmx.jpg

Sounds good to me. Thanks for all of your hard work.

Dont boast a shi@#y track and I wont whine!

you are doing a very bad job at that track it is boring plain and simple!

I think you need to learn a little about maintaining a track.

Dont expect me to be excited when you do minimal track prep!

Like I said, over the past few weeks we made some quick changes to make it at least rideable before the end of the season. Which in my mind, it was crap we I got to it and I made it way better than it was. I plan on making huge changes over the winter to make it a great track for all riders and for future races. So you can do all the crying you want because I never intended on making the track perfect for a season that was ending.

Hopefully you'll realize that I am the one out there making a difference, not you. Your at home bitching and whining and not helping. I too have a life at home with a full time job and three kids, but I still manage to get out and help the track owner and help keep the sport alive. So if you don't like the track, go somewhere else and stop the bitching on TT.

bikeslmx.jpg

Thanks for all your efforts MOTOSPORT_21, at least you are trying...I plan on coming out this sunday with 4 others, will the track be groomed for sunday also, or just saturday?