Sign in to follow this  

Longveiw???

It depends on how particular you are. I like it ok. It is not as nice as Mt. View, but it is a nice alternative. They first time I went it was SUPER dusty, and that is the only thing that really bothered me. The last time I went (2nd time) it was right after that last rain so it was pretty slick. I think I may go back this Saturday.

It depends on how particular you are. I like it ok. It is not as nice as Mt. View, but it is a nice alternative. They first time I went it was SUPER dusty, and that is the only thing that really bothered me. The last time I went (2nd time) it was right after that last rain so it was pretty slick. I think I may go back this Saturday.

Well I herd they haven't groomed there track in a long time and all the jumps are all worn down and wasn't even worth riding at.

Well I herd they haven't groomed there track in a long time and all the jumps are all worn down and wasn't even worth riding at.

Well that is not true. There are about 10 recent posts on here saying that there is new management and they are out regularly grooming the track. As for the jumps. On a fairly wet day I could jump everything except the triple on my 250f, and not all the way over the finish line jump, and I maybe qualify as a C class rider.

Well that is not true. There are about 10 recent posts on here saying that there is new management and they are out regularly grooming the track. As for the jumps. On a fairly wet day I could jump everything except the triple on my 250f, and not all the way over the finish line jump, and I maybe qualify as a C class rider.

Thanks. I guess I will try and get out there Saturday.

They groom Saturday and Sunday, is this once a month or every weekend?Was there today, Saturday, and the track was horible.

2 weeks ago it was the best I have seen.

Sucks to drive up there, thinking the track will be in decent shape, pay $20 to ride it, and be in the condition that it is.

They groom Saturday and Sunday, is this once a month or every weekend?Was there today, Saturday, and the track was horible.

Sucks to drive up there, thinking the track will be in decent shape, pay $20 to ride it, and be in the condition that it is.

you shoulda went to riverdale only 9 exits past longview... it was awesome there today so much fun....anyone know what that kid broke? looked like a hard get off :thumbsup:

you shoulda went to riverdale only 9 exits past longview... it was awesome there today so much fun....anyone know what that kid broke? looked like a hard get off :thumbsup:

They need to get rid of that stupid back section. I was just cutting it.

We were there Sat. and the track was groomed. Maybe you got there later on in the day. It got some sweet ruts in it. Fun track, Esp. for beg/jr riders.

We were there Sat 10-01 at 10:15 and the track had not been groomed as promised. Normally I wouldn't complain, but this trip I had my brother with me who had not ridden MX in many years (he's 45) and I had told him that the track would be rut free and safe for a newb if we got there early.

Well I talked to the gal at the gate (owners daughter) about the lack of grooming and she called the dozer guy to get his butt out here.

Here is the best part.

This turd shows up at 1pm, stands looking at the dozer for about an hour. then picks up a shovel and wanders around the track for the next couple hours doing ???nothing. This guys job is to groom on sat and sun morning but blows off the job.

Note to Longview's owners: There has to be some one out there that would like to work half days on the weekends to prep this track. We wont be back until some positive reports get posted on TT.

Heck, I offered several times to drive the dozer for free that day and groom it myself and the gate gal said no thanks.

We were there Sat 10-01 at 10:15 and the track had not been groomed as promised. Normally I wouldn't complain, but this trip I had my brother with me who had not ridden MX in many years (he's 45) and I had told him that the track would be rut free and safe for a newb if we got there early.

Well I talked to the gal at the gate (owners daughter) about the lack of grooming and she called the dozer guy to get his butt out here.

Here is the best part.

This turd shows up at 1pm, stands looking at the dozer for about an hour. then picks up a shovel and wanders around the track for the next couple hours doing ???nothing. This guys job is to groom on sat and sun morning but blows off the job.

Note to Longview's owners: There has to be some one out there that would like to work half days on the weekends to prep this track. We wont be back until some positive reports get posted on TT.

Heck, I offered several times to drive the dozer for free that day and groom it myself and the gate gal said no thanks.

Thanks for your comments!

The woman/girl you were talking to is not the owners daughter, she is a track employee though.

It takes more than half a day to prep the track. It has to be watered and that is no easy feat with the system they have. They are supposed to water on Friday night and Saturday night. Then run the tractor. The track would get better if they could find someone that has a 5 yard single axle dump truck and loader. They want to put some sand on the track which would help break up the clay. Longview will pay for fuel and riding priviledges, if someone is willing to help that has that equipment. It is not an ongoing thing, just a one time deal so they can move some sand.

Typical!! Longview they boast how awasome it is! There is nothing but disappointment when you get there. You guys always have some lame excuse! And It doesnt take more than an hour or two to prep the track if you know what you are doing! You should lower the price to 10 dollars b/c myself and everyone that I ride with will never go there for that price!

And the one time I went the girl argued with me about how the track had changed! But, adding a double that a 15 year old would build. Is not changing the track!

Yea I was about to say they should lower the price to like $10. I mean straddeline is only 15 bucks and is a waaay nicer track. Plus riverdale is right up there so for $5 more you can ride an awesome groomed track

What excuses?

The dump truck and loader are an effort to make it better. Longview is solid clay that does not break up easily then turns to the fine powder.

I know they are looking into what happened on Saturday.

Maybe they should just close down. Who knows, they just might.

I know there are better tracks, all the tracks are a long distance away for me.

This was the first weekend I have any complaints for Longview. Thumpergirl is right about the dirt there and I have seen it powdery and clumped up. This weekend it was like the track had been plowed like a field. There was nothing BUT huge solid clumps of dirt. I am no expert but the track was kicking my ass because of it. I had a hard time picking lines, and several times lost the front end because I hit dirt clogs so big they would not break up. Better dirt would help, but I think the bigger problem is not having the right equipment and track builder experience to make the best of what you have. Thumpergirl PM me I may be able to help out with the 5-yard for you.