Sign in to follow this  

Knock Off ATVs ?

Well ive had nothing but good times with Knock Off pit bikes so now i want to try a knock off ATV.

Has anyone had any experience with any or know anyone who has ?

Looking for names, Make model and links plz.

Nate at Outlaw says the SSR 250 quad is a decent machien anyone have one?

I visited BMS (Boreem motorsports) and picked up a 70cc kids quad for a project I'm working on. To make sure it worked I assembled it (bars,wheels, etc..). It ran flawlessly. But keep in mind that this is a kids quad (a toy).

BUT when I was there, I saw what they had in thier warehouse. Very nice 250-350-400 size machines. I cannot speak for quality or power or reliability, but they "Looked" very good. They also said that with every "containerful" of new product they had 2-3 boxes of parts. I saw 10 shelves full of replacement parts. They said that there's new stuff coming. Like a 350 motor in a 250 chassis, etc...

Thier pitbikes look like e-bay specials.

I wouldn't mind being a dealer for them, but I don't have "retail space" nor do I want to get a dealer license. Life's too busy. Perhaps Staggs or Outlaw can hook up with them???

www.BMSmotor.com

Cavate Emptor!

Well ive had nothing but good times with Knock Off pit bikes so now i want to try a knock off ATV.

What kind of knock off pitbikes do you have? im 15 and i want to get one but money's tight right now. how much were yours?

Question: Are you looking at a bike for yourself or for a kid?

Also, if it is for you, and I am assuming you are not 10 years old, how hard do you plan to ride?

Most knock-off quads are truly only meant for kids, and adults tend to break them. Even the 250cc range knockoffs are not designed (generally speaking) for the abuse that most quad owners give.

my friend has a DDR 200 cc quad goe;s allright,,,,but you get what tou pay fore

4 stroke it blow's smoke and overheats easy

I Have 2 SSR Pit Bikes a 125 E (Sons) and a 125 B2 (Mine)

Im looking for a quad for my kid 200cc - 250cc hes 13 and big for his age 5'5" and weighs about 135lbs

He had a Yamaha Beartracker that he used to ride all the time till it got stolen and he did great with it.

Ive been working on Bikes Cars ATCs ATVs Boats GoKarts for most of my life and if i can find a Knock off quad that runs as good as the engines on my bikes do ill be happy as im sure ill be able to handle anything else that comes up.

As far as im concerned id rather save a few grand and buy Brand NEW knock off for him rather then a used name brand and use what i saved towards getting the one i want. Im getting either Yamaha 4x4 Grizzly or a Honda Foreman 4x4

So far ive found 2 that i like for my son:

http://www.outlawpowersports.com/ATV200_p/atv200.htm

http://www.bike2go.com/product_info.php/cPath/37_57/products_id/382

Id really like to find a semi auto 200-250cc Utility Quad with racks for him but havent been able to find one that looks as decent as the 2 in the links above do.

I have tons of time on a chinese 250 atv (knock off of a bear tracker 250).In the 100hr range and I have had no problems that I didnt create myself,flat tires,stuff like that.

This week I started on a 400cc 4x4,(copy of the big bear 400),it shifts in and out of 4x,via a lever.Full digital gauges,so far its a nice unit,only have about 10hrs on it though.Turning radius is incredible.

I handle R&D for a chinese company,so I have plenty of time with these type units if ya need some more info let me know.

JC

I have tons of time on a chinese 250 atv (knock off of a bear tracker 250).In the 100hr range and I have had no problems that I didnt create myself,flat tires,stuff like that.

This week I started on a 400cc 4x4,(copy of the big bear 400),it shifts in and out of 4x,via a lever.Full digital gauges,so far its a nice unit,only have about 10hrs on it though.Turning radius is incredible.

I handle R&D for a chinese company,so I have plenty of time with these type units if ya need some more info let me know.

JC

So post me some links on both you have me interested.

Who makes em where can i get em from?

I have a knock off pocket atv. It's crap, It needed a lot of work just to get it usable. And even then it's still crap. I'm sure there are better but I got hosed on that one. The guy wouldn't even warranty any of the issues I had.

Last year I bought a 250cc ATV (O2 Sports manufactured by ZHEJIANG SUNJAZZ GYMNASTIC EQUIPMENT CO with Zongshen 229cc engine) on eBay for $506. Where I live ATVs are in high demand and even very well used name brand ATVs were fetching $3500+. I didn't figure I wanted someone's 12-15 year old problems, and I really didn't have $3500 to plunk down on something I wasn't 100% sure I'd enjoy enough to persue. So I figured if it ran long enough for me to make an educated decision then it would have been money well spent.

Well I've still got it, I live on a riverbed in NorCal and I've ridden it 5 out of every 7 days since I've had it. Maybe 750 hrs on it so far. Instead of moving up I just bought a nice rear rack on eBay for $35, and a spotlight for another $20, and kept it. It runs great! Other than oil changes, lubes, and chain adustments, it has needed nothing. I'm a big guy (250#+) and I make this ATV really work, and it has never let me down. When it dies one day, I'm really going to really miss it, but until then I'll continue to get my $506 worth out of it! Hope it isn't anytime too soon because I love my ATV!

atv2.jpg

I bougth this Kazuma Red Cat for my daughter it did pretty well in the Florida sand whoops only a couple of issues with a couple of bolts that broke and i replaced them with stainless steel. www.kidsatv.com

Picture366.jpg

Picture326Small.jpg

Picture346.jpg