Crf150r Flat Tracker

Check out our CRF150RB Flat tracker. Just finished building it. It will be debuting this weekend at an AMA event in Upstate NY. www.electriccityriders.com Custom 17" Excel rims, custom spokes as nobody has any information on this yet including Buchannan. Maxxis tires, Sunstar aluminum sprocket, Renthal gold chain etc. This bike rocks. It will change everything. It will be running in the 85cc class. I believe it will be in the winners circle.

www.procyclesinc.com

CRF150R.JPG

What's more odd is that you can only come up with that to comment on.

It's been ridden. This bike goes on a hard surface short track, not a mud pit for snot nosed kids. It hasn't been raced yet, just practiced on and when we are done with our equipment it gets completely cleaned and detailed.

that thing is sweet!

lets put a cam in it ! send it to us and you get 1/2 cost to regrind we are getting close to 24 hp with our set up on a stock head.....any racer that cool needs our camshaft in it!

man, you been pushing the cams around here, havent you. ?

keep up the good work!

Hi Dan.

That sounds like it might be a deal. I think, however, I'll order a cam and then send it to you so that I retain the stock profile to use for now. I'll call my Honda buddy today and get a cam coming. Send me a link to your site if you have one and I'll call you.

Jim

Pro Cycles

What's more odd is that you can only come up with that to comment on.

It's been ridden. This bike goes on a hard surface short track, not a mud pit for snot nosed kids. It hasn't been raced yet, just practiced on and when we are done with our equipment it gets completely cleaned and detailed.

Nice comeback!

I am kind of wondering about the snot nosed kid part though.

Is that what you think of mx riders, especially kids?

Both my kids are straight A students that sit on the Student Council Boards at their schools. They both wash and maintain their own bikes and help out whenever they are needed. They don't run around town and they don't get into trouble, because they love their sport to much to lose it being dumb.

I know of at least 30 families that race in the Midwest and surronding regions and they all have the same values as us. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'll never whack someone without first finding out about who that person really is.

How can you run it in the 85 class when it isn't legal for the class? Just wondering.

Rims are too narrow for the Maxxis...should be WM4.5(2.75") That's what they were designed to be run on. Do you plan on doing the suspension? Don't forget to cover them footpegs! Good luck and nice looking bike. Tdub

How can you run it in the 85 class when it isn't legal for the class? Just wondering.

Rims are too narrow for the Maxxis...should be WM4.5(2.75") That's what they were designed to be run on. Do you plan on doing the suspension? Don't forget to cover them footpegs! Good luck and nice looking bike. Tdub

Many places have no "real" rules, just guidelines. untill some one puts up a stink... Its going to be an TT-R125 killer for sure!

Check out our CRF150RB Flat tracker. Just finished building it. It will be debuting this weekend at an AMA event in Upstate NY. www.electriccityriders.com Custom 17" Excel rims, custom spokes as nobody has any information on this yet including Buchannan. Maxxis tires, Sunstar aluminum sprocket, Renthal gold chain etc. This bike rocks. It will change everything. It will be running in the 85cc class. I believe it will be in the winners circle.

www.procyclesinc.com

CRF150R.JPG

Helpful Hint: Try posting the pic as a thumbnail or at 800 x 600 resolution, I would like to see more then just the front tire at one time ?

Set your browser on auto resize. Then you won't have to scroll around to see the entire image.

This bike can run in the 85cc class at most flat track events because the rules are so relaxed and in flat track racing, unlike motocross, there are not enough riders to send people packing. It is also imminent that the rules will be changed very soon to accommodate this bike and the inevitable others that will follow. If the AMA has a clue they will get it done ASAP.

At our particular track, AMA sanctioned, we are going to allow it to run with the 85cc bikes. No doubt someone will scream but we want to be forward thinking and not backwards as most flat track organizations have been. It's forward thinking that made MX racing what it is today. We intend to move in that direction at our track.

The Maxxis tires work fine on 2.5" rims and especially considering that there is not enough clearance on a "mini" between the fork legs for a wider rim, thus increasing the overall width of the tire. That may be true on a larger bike but it's very very close right now with the 2.5" rims. .25" is not enough to make a difference when there are so many other factors that have a greater influence on performance than this incidental difference in width. Mostly, the person twisting the throttle.

No suspension work has been done yet. This winter I will cut the shock shaft and work the forks to drop it some. This will be done before the Daytona regional flat track races we will be attending.

Looks like Dan Crower is going to grind me a cam. I'll dyno it before and after to document the results. I will post if it is an improvement or not. No specifics will be given as that is hard learned, $$$ information that will be used to try and win races. Given equal riding talent, flat track racing does require a HP advantage to get to the front. Daytona will be loaded with all kinds of great riders. I want my rider to have every advantage we can give him. ?

Set your browser on auto resize. Then you won't have to scroll around to see the entire image.

It's forward thinking that made MX racing what it is today. We intend to move in that direction at our track.

?

I was sitting on a 150rb at the dealer to day thinking of this thread! I have to sell my 525sm and TT-R before I can purchase another bike!!! I did flat track my tt-r125 once but it was lame and I had a lot to learn...

This bike can run in the 85cc class at most flat track events because the rules are so relaxed and in flat track racing, unlike motocross, there are not enough riders to send people packing. It is also imminent that the rules will be changed very soon to accommodate this bike and the inevitable others that will follow. If the AMA has a clue they will get it done ASAP. [/Quote]

Why should the AMA have to "accomodate" any manufacturer??? Honda started with a clean slate on this motor, so why couldn't they build it according to the existing rule?

New Your has a rep for making their own rules. When my daughter and I went to Electric City, they tried to tell us we had to buy a another district card and she could not run her national #1.

I wouldnt plan on the displacement rule changing just yet(but I guess anything is possible). Several of the DT Committee are not in favor of it. Of course NY will do what it wants to anyway.

The Maxxis tires work fine on 2.5" rims and especially considering that there is not enough clearance on a "mini" between the fork legs for a wider rim, thus increasing the overall width of the tire. [/Quote]

If the suspension is lowered properly, the tire will be above the seal bell and there won't be any clearance problem. And yes, that 1/4" does make a difference. By using a narrower rim, the profile of the tire is not ideal as it was designed and spect for the wider rim.

Looks like Dan Crower is going to grind me a cam. I'll dyno it before and after to document the results. I will post if it is an improvement or not. No specifics will be given as that is hard learned, $$$ information that will be used to try and win races. Given equal riding talent, flat track racing does require a HP advantage to get to the front. Daytona will be loaded with all kinds of great riders. I want my rider to have every advantage we can give him. ?

Actually this is pretty common. All that secretive, expensive engine work and then chince on the suspension and tires(the Maxxis was intended as a low cost alternative to the superior, more expensive RR rain tires). And as far as the remark about requiring the motor mods to win...hogwash! Many National championships have been won on stone stock motors...Nick Cummings(60/80/125), Bryan Smith(250), the Gilliam bros.(65/85/125/250), and several others won theirs with good setup and a ton of talent.

Nice comeback!

I am kind of wondering about the snot nosed kid part though.

Is that what you think of mx riders, especially kids?

Both my kids are straight A students that sit on the Student Council Boards at their schools. They both wash and maintain their own bikes and help out whenever they are needed. They don't run around town and they don't get into trouble, because they love their sport to much to lose it being dumb.

I know of at least 30 families that race in the Midwest and surronding regions and they all have the same values as us. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'll never whack someone without first finding out about who that person really is.

Nice comeback? That's not a comeback because I didn't slam him. It's just there wasn't much to say about the bike. It's basically stock. How impressive could that be?

I will say, however, that I enjoyed the "snot nosed kid" comment. It's like he really forced that in there. It has nothing to do with the comment at all. Sorry folks. I didn't think that would piss anyone off that much. I was just having some fun with ya. Ride the bike.

And as far as the remark about requiring the motor mods to win...hogwash! Many National championships have been won on stone stock motors...Nick Cummings(60/80/125), Bryan Smith(250), the Gilliam bros.(65/85/125/250), and several others won theirs with good setup and a ton of talent.

I seem to remember Roger Lee Hayden finding his way to the podium at the Springfield TT a few years back on a pretty stock looking CRF450.