where shoudl I get the rest of my parts?

any dealer that has parts unlimited and or thor gear should be able to get you what you need. thor has new sumpermoto pants available but be forwarned, they run small. i wear 34 mx pants had to buy 36 sumo leather pants. troy lee and thor are both sized small.

you going to the chicagoland speedway day on sunday? we are planning on it.

we are going to beaver run in pa.next weekend (7th) too.

then the 21st is new castle in. hope to see you at one of the events. ski

CCD,

Like Ski said, track day is this weekend, not next weekend. MX pants will work fine, many of the guys on the national circuit still use standard MX pants, they just get torn up a little easier if you crash but the protection is about the same.

PM me if you are still having problems coming up with handguards and a catch can. I might be able to help out.

Colin

• 3 weeks later...

CCD:

I know this is late so ignore if you are past this, but I just built up a CRF450r and found www.motostrano.com to be the ticket. They are pretty complete on motard stuff and I live in Northern Calif. so I can drive there.

I ended up using a SME catch can which runs your carb breathers into a long hose which is emptied after each ride. I used an aluminum water bottle for my radiator with some hose and barbed fittings from the hardware store (zip tied to frame in front). As for the crankcase breather, I extended it with a barbed coupler and hose from the hardware store and ran it into the airbox. I will probably put an in-line filter on it (made for pit bikes) or just leave it. It should not spill oil if everthing is working okay.

As for hard parts I started with one of their conversion kits and improvised from there. I also included a slipper clutch because I have one on my track sport bike and I love the wheel spin you get with them. A bit expensive but great for control.

Hope that helps, sorry for the late reply, I just logged on for the first time in a long time.

CCD,

MX pants will work fine, many of the guys on the national circuit still use standard MX pants, they just get torn up a little easier if you crash but the protection is about the same.

? tell me your joking!!! there is noway that standard MX pants give the same protection.... dunno about over there, but here 3 of tracks u top 110mph atleast twice in one lap....i have came off once near to this speed, prob around 70. i was wearing a full ness supermoto race suit, it took alot of the damage, and i was fine. i can't imaging where normal MX pants in that type of crash:eek: i would have been on hospital for weeks with road rash....:devil:

No joke. There really are 4 or 5 guys that are running the full pro series over here using MX pants from companies that do not make SM specific gear. Being that they are privateers, I doubt that they are getting custom equipment made. I witnessed 1 go down at pretty good speed (nowhere near 100 though) and his gear was pretty shredded, but he was okay and actually was still wearing it at the next round.

I am not saying that I would choose to wear it, but I know the tracks that this individual was going to run, and felt comfortable with the speeds he would be running that I was okay with the recommendation. If it had been a track that had consistent speeds close to the 100 mph mark like Nashville, TN, then I would not have made that recommendation.

I currently run the Thor SM pants with an Alpinestar protector jacket and standard jersey. I have had one incident where I was highsided quite violently at pretty good speed where the pants and protector jacket got seperated and I ended up with a fair amount of RR on my lower back. It was just about enough to make me consider going back to a 1 piece leather suit. But not quite. :mad:

Regards

Colin

• 2 weeks later...