Sign in to follow this  

cool cop

yesterday i had my first expierience with a local cop and he saved me big time

plated wr 450 so i was getting pulled over 2 times a week..everything from non dot tires (they are) mirrors too small, headlight flickering, turn signals too small/not there, passing stoped traffic. this since july

so yesterday i went to the ma and pop store to get a lottery ticket, i was feeliing lucky. got onto the highway and decided to ride a wheelie. when it came up i was feeling very good so i rode it out.

6 blocks later and 35mph over the speed limit i hear the sirens....o crap

so i went home put it in garage ran inside the house changed my clothes

i hear knock knock knock on the door o crap......

go outside he tells me what i did was wrong and thats 6 pts on my license

but he said well its not reckless op because i was in control......exact words

"this is a friendly warning...dont ride like an a**hole i dont want to pick you off the road with a shovel.....by the way nice wheelie. have a nice day."

the only time i deserved to get a ticket he lets me go....and i was expecting a ticket....hell he never even wrote a warning...it was verbal....i owe him a pizza

Never never, ever, ever, bail and run.. :p

Wheelie aside, the whole run home and try to hide thing will end up getting you in a whole heap of trouble. Big stinking heap for which no known judge will have any bit of sympathy for you. That and leaving the scene of a crime you commit (which you also did) is way bad and you just dug a hole no attorney can get you out of. :thumbsup:

Once the lights come on the game is over. :lame: Pull over and take the ticket. If I were you I would stop on the way buying the station a pizza and pick up a few more lotto tickets..you were beyond lucky.

Enough of my sermon..back to work.

Never never, ever, ever, bail and run.. :thumbsup:

While I don't condone it either, I have successfully eluded in the past on a sportbike. Perfect conditions - no traffic, no intersections, never got close enough to get my tag. I wouldn't do it on my DS (on the street anyway), but if one is so inclined sprint and hide. Radios can be a drag, but if you keep it short & sweet you just might make it.

As for them finding him and coming to the door, he got lucky. The cop must ride.

Yep, you were sooo lucky and that was a cool cop. Verry cool indeed.

Just don't ever try it again. The last run-from-a-cop story I read ended with handcuffs, court, $30k in fines and fees and 30 days in jail.

plated wr 450 so i was getting pulled over 2 times a week..everything from non dot tires (they are) mirrors too small, headlight flickering, turn signals too small/not there,this since july.

Those cops must have nothing better to do, pretty pathetic. :thumbsup:

I had the same thing happen a couple months ago. I was heading up the hill a block from my house. Somehow, the front tire came up :thumbsup: , and stayed up. I rode a pretty long wheelie, and as soon as the front tire came down, I heard the siren. I pulled over right away. I gave him my insurance liscense and registration. The cop was just going off on me. At first I thought he was going to give me a ticket, but then I thought he was going to take me to jail. Finally he hands me everything back, and says don't do it again. No ticket, no nothing. As he's walking away, he looks back and says "that was a nice wheelie." :lame:

hard to believe...in most parts of our country, anybody that runs gets chased down, and hauled off to the pokey. Think about it...they pretty much assume you are up to something more serious than the wheelie. Lucky you didn't get arrested and probably a serious @ss-whuppin' in the process.

Ride safe.

Those cops must have nothing better to do, pretty pathetic. :thumbsup:

Never found a parolee wanted for murder as the result of a in-op tail light traffic stop have you.......

Stupid dirtbags have stupid shit wrong with their cars.

Brian

He lives in an offroad rider friendly state,West Virginia, Not Nazifornia. The people there are a lot more down to earth and laid back.

I smell something too.

If it's a true story, you were better off keeping it to yourself, if it's BS the same applies

Hey!! Punisher,,

We have helmet cam footage of you from the hanging rock!!

LOL, email me you address so we can burn a copy for you, you'll dig it

Hey!! Punisher,,

We have helmet cam footage of you from the hanging rock!!

LOL, email me you address so we can burn a copy for you, you'll dig it

LOL, This should be interesting.

Check your PM for my address

lol no go on the lottery. but what is funny the next day i did get 3 of 4 (((((

my riding days are becoming numbered.....as of today i have 2 full time jobs