XR200 Power Output?

If I remember correctly Powroll told us on their dyno a stock XR200R had about 12 HP. Our 218 stroker engine (torque cam) about 18-19 HP with peak HP coming in at about 8,600 RPM. You don't rev it nearly as hard as stock to get power, and WAY more bottom and mid. :thumbsup:

Old School Al

He asked about the torque too...I would be curious to know that number as well if anybody has the specs...

Anywhere from about 16-20HP (at the fly) would sound fairly accurate. For some reason it's incredibly hard to find the power output for alot of bikes (bar motocross) :thumbsup: Any ideas about the torque though? :lame:

11.51 lb-ft @7500 rpm (from " On the problem of the XR200 ")

http://www-staff.lboro.ac.uk/~elvpc/bikes.html?http://www-staff.lboro.ac.uk/~elvpc/papers/XR200.html

I run my 200 WFO 90% of the time (its a MX bike). Running 12/51 gearing it pulls well thru the sand in 3 or 4 th gear.

The tracks so rough its faster than most guys on their real MX bikes unless they are a good rider.

Old school - AL do you use a 5 or 6 speed gearbox ?

Old school - AL do you use a 5 or 6 speed gearbox ?

We run the 6 speed tranny as we run in the woods lots, with some mx thrown in to mix things up. Have had no tranny problems yet with this engine set up. If we put a dedicated mx XR200R together we would run a more radical engine and the five speed tranny though.

Old School Al

On 10/2/2006 at 11:54 PM, Old School Al said:

If I remember correctly Powroll told us on their dyno a stock XR200R had about 12 HP. Our 218 stroker engine (torque cam) about 18-19 HP with peak HP coming in at about 8,600 RPM. You don't rev it nearly as hard as stock to get power, and WAY more bottom and mid. :thumbsup:

Old School Al

Please remember Powroll at high elevation so that number is conservative.  Stock XR200 more power than stock CRF230 but not as much as uncorked and jetted CRF230, which is ~18 RWHP.  My guess is that good XR200 is ~16 at sea level since it has higher CR and more cam than CRF230.