Help!! 03 kx 125

Im a newbie, ive rode my bike for about 8 weeks, it had a new top end on it when i bought it. I was riding yesterday, and everything was fine i was cruising around the track when my bike suddenly lost power. I was still going but my throttle wasnt really giving me anything it was slowly sputtering to a hault and fast. In about a half lap it went from bad to worse and totally stopped and now i cant get it to start. Can someone help. Not spark plug. Thanks. Ive cleaned the air filter regularly and changed the gear oil regularly.

okay the kickstater does not have much resistance to it. I noticed this too but i dont know the significance of it please help. When i first started the day kick stand had lots of resistance and now hardly none. I put a new plug in it, not that. I do appreciate the help guys, sucks to know nothing about something you love to do. Im learning though, thanks

hi

the say thing happened to my kx 80 i just did a top end rebulid and just finished running it in and it sized coz it put to much pressure on the bottom end bearing, just wondering can you even kick it or is the kick starter stuck?

but now ive got a kx 125 and did a full end https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3863361&noquote=1#

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3863361&noquote=1#

Yep, sounds like something bad happend to the top end. If its really easy to kick it doesn't have much compression. You can buy a compression tester at sears or most car parts/tools places. Its worth having one around (they aren't expensive).

Did the bike have proper oil mix in the fuel for sure?

Its not normal for bikes to loose compression quickly like that. Usually when they do its from either sucking in dirt (perhaps the filter was torn or the carb boot loose or something) or insufficent oil mix.

I'd check the compression and if its low, which from the sounds of things it will be, I would pull down the top end. It should be pretty obvious why it lost compression at that point, then you can both fix the problem that caused the loss of compression and the actual compression issue itself (probably piston and rings will do the trick, but the cylinder might be damaged).

good luck