Importing bikes into Canada?

"Competition use only vehicles" are RIV exempt. I made a few calls to Customs just to make sure I wasn't going to get the run around & they were actually pretty cool about it! They also gave me the web site with all the info.

When I came through(back to Canada) with my son's used Cobra 50 I had everything ready for them, even the tarrif number.

The Customs guy was awesome. I think they appreciate when you are on the level with them. I paid 1 tax for less than the bill I handed him. I think it helped that my boy was with me all geeked about his new machine!

"Competition use only vehicles" are RIV exempt. I made a few calls to Customs just to make sure I wasn't going to get the run around & they were actually pretty cool about it! They also gave me the web site with all the info.

When I came through(back to Canada) with my son's used Cobra 50 I had everything ready for them, even the tarrif number.

The Customs guy was awesome. I think they appreciate when you are on the level with them. I paid 1 tax for less than the bill I handed him. I think it helped that my boy was with me all geeked about his new machine!

Sweet. Do you happen to remember the website with all the info? Where do you get the tarrif number? Which tax did you pay?

I have made plenty of trips down for parts and they haqve been great even let me go once without paying for "Safety gear" 550 bucks worth US

I have made plenty of trips down for parts and they haqve been great even let me go once without paying for "Safety gear" 550 bucks worth US

What border crossing did you use? Did you try to declare your goods when you came back into Canada? Did your bike get tagged on the way down?

• 3 months later...

A little late in the discussion - Just imported a new KTM into Canada. Paid $206cdn duty at the border and the tax and still saved close to $4000cdn. Believe it. In Washington you pay $35US for a permit to take the Moto out of state and you don't pay any state tax. I had no problem paying the Canadian tax and duty at the border. Costs to be Canadian...