'05" wr 450 or wait for "07'?

I have a chance to buy an 05 wr450 with about 5 hrs on it , for $4500.

Its looks new, I don't think its even seen the dirt.

Question is, should I wait and get an 07 wr 450 with the new frame and such?? It will be a 2 grand difference at least...

I wish there were tests out on the 07....

There're many pros with the '05...it's cheaper, available aftermarket parts, proven reliability, vast technical knowledge for jetting, suspension, engine repair, yada, yada, yada. With the '07, you're dealing with nothing but unknowns. With all likelihood it's going to be a great bike from the get-go, but who knows for sure? If you're the guy that needs the newest, shiniest, blingiest bike on the block, then throw caution to the wind, 'cuz you have your answer. If you are more concerned with saving a buck and don't care about having "the next best thing" then go with the '05. With the money you save, you can customize it with aftermarket goodies that are already tested and proven and you don't have to wait for them to be developed. I know what I'd do, but I already have an '05. Wow, do I sound like my Dad or what? ? ...SC

There're many pros with the '05...it's cheaper, available aftermarket parts, proven reliability, vast technical knowledge for jetting, suspension, engine repair, yada, yada, yada. With the '07, you're dealing with nothing but unknowns. With all likelihood it's going to be a great bike from the get-go, but who knows for sure? If you're the guy that needs the newest, shiniest, blingiest bike on the block, then throw caution to the wind, 'cuz you have your answer. If you are more concerned with saving a buck and don't care about having "the next best thing" then go with the '05. With the money you save, you can customize it with aftermarket goodies that are already tested and proven and you don't have to wait for them to be developed. I know what I'd do, but I already have an '05. Wow, do I sound like my Dad or what? ? ...SC

what he said....

let other guys find all the bugs and work out the mods for a year or two, and enjoy the '05

• 3 weeks later...