waiting for a 2007?

This is what i was told by a local yammie shop today....

Those units are currently sitting at the dock waiting to be picked up

by a truck and brought to us so they should be here within ten days or

sooner.

So lets hope that everyone waiting for a 2007 gets a call within the next 10 days!

This is what i was told by a local yammie shop today....

Those units are currently sitting at the dock waiting to be picked up

by a truck and brought to us so they should be here within ten days or

sooner.

So lets hope that everyone waiting for a 2007 gets a call within the next 10 days!

Yamaha has an different (odd) approach when it comes to releasing the new models. I'm not speaking of the models that are produced late, but to the logistics when the bikes are actually in the country. It seems that the crates sit for awhile and our methodically (per Yamaha brass) distributed to the regional warehouses. Once they are in the warehouse, there is another process where tracking #'s are assigned and then they get shipped to said dealer in no particular order. I just picked up an '07 250 and from the paperwork, my dealer shared w/me it looks like it sat in the local warehouse for 3 weeks. It was the first one and dealer was originally told he'd have it early September. Have 2 buddies who are getting 450F's and it's the same thing. Bikes are in the warehouse (which is less than an hour from this dealer), but not available for release til next week! Yamaha, being as successful as it is probably has a method to this madness, but as a customer it seems off. I understand a dealer who doesn't want the new units till the leftovers are gone, but in this dealers case, he had no '06 YZ/YZF's to speak of.

It's stupid but probably all about pricing and articially keeping the demand strong. I wonder though how it would affect a buyer who was not totally a Yamaha guy? Would he buy another brand in order to get the bike earlier? I know of 07 Honda's that were bought and ridden before the Washougal National

Who know's there may be some warranty related stuff as well.