zipty for the fcr-mx

Isnt that the one for the Mikuni?.............nevermind, I just went to kientech's site and saw they have one for all FCR 39mm carbs. Order placed.

Please compare the screws to see if they're the same length after the threading. I would like to get one as well. Thanks.

Please compare the screws to see if they're the same length after the threading. I would like to get one as well. Thanks.

I'll let you know. I also ordered a 42 pilot (well I had to get 4 of them) from sudco as supposedly the 42 and zipty work well together. (pilot air jet removed of course)

I'm getting the jets tomorrow so i should have the install, test ride and tuning done by wednesday and I'll post my findings.

esad,

I had the ZipTy fuel screw, along with the FCR-MX kit, and it did not work at all. I was debating returning it - as you are.

But... as you'll read in subsequent posts, if you follow Burned's advice, and remove the 100 pilot air jet, and replace the 45 pilot jet with a 42 pilot jet. the ZipTy works fine.

p.s. to viktobravo: why order the pilot jet from Sudco? All the local cycle dealerships have them - at least in the KC area.

W/ my 38PJ in there it seems to be running a little lean and I have to back out the Zip-Ty screw out 2 turns for it to run ok. Figuring that if I had a stock screw in there it'd be more like 3 turns because of the difference in size and that it's hard to start and dies frequently when warming up, I'm going to go back up to the 40PJ. I think it'll be better then.

My FCR-MX is on its way, I just ordered the Keintech screw too. Just talked to Keintech on the phone and he said he just put one in a new FCR with hot start and it worked with no problems. I will probably send back the Zipty I have sitting on my bench if the Keintech works well. Eddie have you used the Keintech screw? :devil:

Cali-Drz is on the right track, since the Zip-Ty does not fully "seat" in the carb, it would start out richer than the oem or other "fully seating" FC. This may be why we have to remove the "slow air jet" (100) to get more air into the mix to lean it out.

If in fact the Kientech FC DOES fully seat like the oem, it would seem as though we would require a different "air jet" (42) and possibly "reinstall" an appropriate "slow air jet" !

keintech screws are very nice.

doesnt matter which screw you use the latest fcr-mx will need the pilot air jet removed.you will be able to use the 45 pilot jet.

I'm a little confused eddie..I've been waiting for a 42pj...So are you saying I should keep the 45pj and remove the slow air jet w/ a zipty screw?

latest fcr-mx 39mm

k@n filter

full yosh ti

emn 3rd clip

main 160

pilot ?

removed slow air jet

1000ft

I'm a little peeved about this as I requested a Kientech screw when I ordered the FCR-MX kit and was told by the TT Store that I needed the Zip-ty screw instead, even though I mentioned that some of you had problems with the Zip-ty. Now I have to ask, would I be better off sending back the Zip-ty and getting the Kientech or should I just change the pilot jet from a 45 to a 42 and forget about it? :devil: I'm experiencing some of the same issues you other guys have. I'm not real thrilled about taking the FCR back out. ?

I think the deal with the TT store telling you that is that they only carry the Kientech ext. fuel screw for the S/SM and Cal.E models as they have the Mikuni bsr36 cv carb.So they probably automatically assumed you had the bsr36 carb. as some people still don't know which model bike they have.

If you want the neat little Kientech ext. fuel screw for the Keihin FCR carb,you're probably better off obtaining it directly from Kientech Engineering.

http://www.kientech.com/ExtendedFuelScrews.htm

OK, I think I've got it now.

The CURRENT batch of FCR-MX carbs MUST have the "slow air jet" (#100) REMOVED to run properly, REGARDLESS of pilot jet size and brand of FC.

The Kientech FC requires a pilot jet that is three (3) sizes LARGER than the Zip-Ty FC and visea-versa, assuming ALL things are equal.

Is that it Eddie?

Palhaco made it clear he ordered the FCR-MX carb kit, it doesn't matter which model motorcycle he installs it on at that point. He should have received what he asked for.

I say go with the Kientech, stronger, more reliable material (stainless steel vs aluminum) and better tolerances (fits properly).