Raced my 2007 KX250F ! ! ! !

Finally got to race my 07 Saturday night at Amarillo TX arena-cross.

This bike has tons more torque and bottom hit than my 05 CRF with Yosh pipe and a Stage 1 Hot Cam....

It turns better than my CRF also, I don't have to have a berm or anything to make it turn ! ! ! My CRF kinda pushed, a little, not bad.

My problems seem to be :

1. Starts, clutch is WAY "grabby" on starts. I cant seem to get it to slip worth a crap. It just wheelies..... This problem may go away with time, I have maybe 3 hours on the bike. I have to run the clutch with hardly any free play to keep it from crawling with the clutch in, even while riding, not just starts. I raced Vet 30+, and got BAD starts in both the heat and main. I did get 2nd but I had to work for it.

2. Gearing, I seem to always be between 2nd and 3rd. 2nd just isn't quite enough, 3rd is too high. I will probably gear up and use 2nd.

I put fat guy springs on it, and am going to get it re-valved by Marshall's Racing within the next couple of weeks.

I am going to Cooperland in the A.M. and see how it does on a "Outdoor" style track. :devil:

I may try to do allot of starts and see if the clutch breaks in or something.

I will repost my results tomorow or tuesday....

How was Cooperland? I rode my new 06 for the first time this weekend at the Occra race in Carney. I was very happy with mine as well. The suspension was done by Donnie Elmer and it worked great. It's funny because I felt the same way about my clutch the first time I rode it but I guess I'm used to it after a 1.5 hour race. I don't know if it's just me but the seat seems a little wide at the top and my thighs are hurting pretty bad this morning where they grip the seat.

Well Cooperland was in great shape. I went to a Tucker Rocky Free Ride on Monday. They raced on Sunday, and didn't clean up the track at all, just watered it, so it was ROUGH.....

Same problem with the clutch, and gearing.

I am going to call Kawasaki in the am. and see if they know a trick to fix the grabby clutch.

I ordered a 47 tooth rear sprocket today. I was drilling the rev-limiter in third on most of the track. Fourth was too much for my riding style. Don't get me wrong, I used fourth on two jumps, but I just want a little more out of second and third.

This bike corners sooooo much better than my CRF, I love it. Bottom end, this thing has a ton of torque, once I figured out how to use it, i fell in love with the torque.

Suspension is great, nothing funny in the huge downhill breaking bumps and acceleration bumps. I cant wait to get it revalved, (waiting on my Kawasaki check)......

All in all, I am VERY happy with this bike. Having raced 4 Honda's in the last 7 years, I was scared to go to Kawasaki, but I am very pleased with my decision.

I am the parts/service manager at a startup Kawasaki dealership, so if I run into anything I will let you know.

So far,

06'-07' same air filter, oil filter, 06' holeshot device fits, Sprockets are the same, radiator hoses are different, but the CV4 kit will fit, (right side rad to h2o pump hose has a different bend), rear wheel is different. Thats all I have checked so far.

Good luck to all.............................

Todd S.

[So far,

06'-07' same air filter, oil filter, 06' holeshot device fits, radiator hoses are different, but the CV4 kit will fit, (right side rad to h2o pump hose has a different bend), rear wheel is different. Thats all I have checked so far

Good luck to all.............................] Quote

I am about to upgrade from a 06 KX250f to a 07 and i was wondering if you knew if a Pro Circuit TI-4 Pipe and header from my old bike would fit on a 07

Thanks