Need Some Practice. Any tips?

I went out to a trail by house that had a lot of corners and berms lik an mx track so i decided to really work hard on my technique. I realized that its really hard to shift when im standing up(especially shifting up). I also had trouble with control of my back brake. I am really good with a back brake if im not wearing boots like on a mini bike but i cant feel the pedal of my foot with boots on. how am i supposed to control the back brake. And also, I was trying to get way up on the seat by the gas tank when cornering and that helped but I can't get the back to whip around like it should and when it does it goes to far and i slide out. and help on these would be appriciated.

First, do u have any instructional videos? If not get 1. I use Gary Semics 2 day course. Then just find a large circle.( or make one in a field somewhere.) One that u can corner in 2nd and hit the straights in 3rd. This will get your ass off the seat and the use of all 5 controls at once. Then practice going one way for about 15 min or so then back the other way for 15 min. And just keep on going until it is natural. Once u feel u have it then try going around multiple corners.Remember it's not about speed it's about accuracy. :devil:

As far as getting use to the feeling of the back brake its going to take some time. Especially if you boots are new and very stiff. (if so use them for walking around at home to get them flexible.) Practice practice practice. When i got on my bike for the first time with boots this summer it was nearly impossible haha. either the brake was off, or locked up. get out there and ride..... boooo yeah