tmrider

Pics of your 06-09 yzf 450

278 posts in this topic

Unlike most of everyone here, i took my old plastics off which were full of graphics and what not & went with a simpler approach. My 07.

IMG_3226.JPG

Just picked up my 2006 YZ450F with a fresh rebuild. I have the dirt set-up in the garage but the supermoto gear is installed right now. Modification includes FMF Fat Boy, Pro Taper fat bars, Excel front and rear wheels wrapped in Bridgestone Battlax 120 front 150 rear. Running lean with a lot of back-firing right now but plan on tinkering with the mixture soon. Head light and tail light brands are unknown!

So far so good, it's a big change from my Buell 1125R but I'm having so much more fun on it.

20161103_000355.png

20161103_115858.jpg

IMG_1478576923.954626.jpg

Found a 09' in the warehouse at one of the dealerships that I service. Bike had 10 minutes on it. Quite a score.

1 person likes this

Just picked up my 2006 YZ450F with a fresh rebuild. I have the dirt set-up in the garage but the supermoto gear is installed right now. Modification includes FMF Fat Boy, Pro Taper fat bars, Excel front and rear wheels wrapped in Bridgestone Battlax 120 front 150 rear. Running lean with a lot of back-firing right now but plan on tinkering with the mixture soon. Head light and tail light brands are unknown!

So far so good, it's a big change from my Buell 1125R but I'm having so much more fun on it.

attachicon.gif20161103_000355.png

attachicon.gif20161103_115858.jpg

Some "After" pictures. Still waiting on my handguards and graphics kit

1479088121213.jpg

1479088148510.jpg

Picked up this very clean 2006 last month. This is my first modern bike. Last one was a 1978 TT500 that was a mess. I have a YZF450 quad so I am familiar with this engine. So far I have focused on maintenance only: valve adjust, clean carb & jetting, chain & sprocket, grips, bar pad, etc.. Once I get some riding time I will decide if it needs more!

450 2.png

450 1.png

Edited by Quadrcr87

My 2007 YZ450F White Ltd Ed, all shined up, and all dirty after a good weekend riding with the gf on her CRF-150F!

She's my first 450, so far I'm in love! Oodles more power than my previous 250F, I'm very happy with it. 

image-20170330_201533.jpg

20170507_141423.jpg

IMG_0282.JPGIMG_0281.JPGIMG_0283.JPG

My 06 that was purposely purchased as an investment to be resold after a freshening up. Since then I have fallen in love with it and decided to sell my Ktm instead. Still some upgrades left to do, wheels and exhaust but this things a blast to ride. Can't believe how nimble it feels for a fatty 450

My new to me aka deal too good to pass up 07 YZ450F, it belonged to a local racer, traded to a tattoo artists as payment, sold for cheap to me. My last bike (WR 456) was stolen so this will make a nice replacement. Already has a ProTaper bars and FMF Q2 pipe. Only plans are a sprocket change and weighted flywheel to smooth it out on the trails in the mountains. 

Bike.jpg

This is the last round of upgrades for my 06, now time to get it dirty. Swapped to a street titled WR frame, WR fuel tank, full fmf, tires and wheels, and Protune did the suspension. This thing is ready for battle

11212FFE-7060-4629-B8E6-818E4E6BF632.jpgIMG_0504.JPGIMG_0503.JPGIMG_0502.JPG

3 people like this