Suggested replacement tires after D208s?

Search has been down just about every time I log onto this site lately, so I'll just ask ...

After 7000kms this summer on the original D208 it's about as bald as I want to let it get in the back. What's the popular replacements for the SM?

Thanks!

:devil:

I went through two D208s, one pilot road, and now have the pilot power. My favorite thus far is the pilot power. I will have to put 4,500 miles on the pilot power to tell if it wears better than the 208. I will say I like the ride/handling of the pilot power best. You will need the 150/60-17 for the rear. Do not let your current 208 get too worn or you will regret it…especially in the rain. I have found the 208 is good for 4,000-4,500 miles. Anymore and you are on an unsafe tire.

Ride safe! :devil:

Order the rear Pilot Power now, don't wait. It took 3 weeks to get one locally, and I had to park the bike since the rear 208 wore quickly to the threads at the end.

Front 208, rear 150 Pilot Power was a great combo, very quick turn in. Now I have a front Pilot Power, and the bike doesn't turn in as quickly :-(

DCNavy, how the hell did you get 4500 miles out of a set of 208's? My buddies DRZ SM was showing center wear bars on the rear at 1200 miles with no burnouts and few wheelies. You should see the edges now after an open track day at Beaverun. Cooked.