Official: RC to Nascar!

No chance of that. Apparently RC is buddies with Kasey Kahne (Nextel Cup driver) and RC is supposedly good on 4 wheels as well as 2. Only way to find out is to enter the Nascar races!!

I highly doubt that he'll start off in a Nextel Cup car. Most likely the Busch Series or Craftsman Truck series to get some experience. Will we see RC in a Nextel Cup car in a few years? Don't bet against it!!

I think he is supposed to start in some local late model racing. Then move up to ARCA. Then to Craftsman Trucks. Trucks will be a challange for RC.

at least he could do off road racing like best in the desert or SCORE, jezz

Hey, where do I put the Klotz oil in this here Ford Taurus?!

MB2 runs Chevy's

RC won't be in a cup car for at least 2 to 3 years.

wait wait.. the only factor that will determine how well he does it if he's able to reach the pedals..

heyy come on now. watching little kids ride is so fun.

Agreed!!

Wow, the whiny haters :excuseme: sure have ruined this thread with there informational quotes like "Nascar's gay" or "Hillbilly sport!", really makes your argument sound intelligent. :devil:

Lets see, there is probably 20 Nascar fans to every MX fan, so in a democracy you knowledgeable people lose. :cry:

Me, I love all motorsports. :thumbsdn::thumbsdn:

I said this same thing a few months ago about RC and NASCAR, and got grief then. First of all, I think NASCAR, although not my favorite motorsport by any stretch, is physically demanding and takes a lot of skill. Not just "anyone" can do it. In that same light, I do not think RC could just flop his scrawny butt in a several hundred thousand dollar stock car and race and win just because he dominates supercross and motorcross. He certainly has the physical prowess and conditioning, but that isn't all of it. Just because RC can take his Ferrari or whatever out on winding roads and whiz around doesn't make him a race car driver. There are those of us who have, I'm sure, succeeded at the local level at the dragstrip or dirt track, and that too, does not guarantee we could drive a stock car or top fuel dragster. I think this whole idea is just a bunch of crap. I had great respect for RC, now I think he's an idiot. And not because I don't like NASCAR. I would think he's an idiot if he tried to drive Formula 1, too. Gee, let's get Kenny Wallace, or maybe even Michael Schumacher to come and race a 450f in Supercross this year. Yeah, that's a great idea! Michael Jordan is a huge superstar, he's in great shape -- I'm sure he could hop on a KTM and race against David Knight!

Another point to show it isn't so easy, is that they won't be putting him in a Cup car for some time now, he's not even going to run a full schedule of the Trucks, if he does really well they said they might stick him in a couple truck races, next year will be Late Models and Arca. It will be another 3-4 years to see RC in a Cup car, and that is IF he picks it up fast.

And I don't understand Nascar being a dumb hillbilly sport, cause I know a few morons that can fly on a MX bike, but they wouldn't have the know how to give the feedback to make a stock car fast at even the lower levels. Being a good stock car driver involves 2 things, talent behind the wheel, and giving feedback to what the car is doing and needs.

But of course, the geniuses in here will reply with a 3rd grade bash. :devil:

I'm sure they will handle Ricky very carefully, in his first year. Kind of cherry pick his races, so he doesn't get bummed. But at some point, he will be tested. I sure hope he does well. MX racers will be shown to be the athletes that we are.

Another point to show it isn't so easy, is that they won't be putting him in a Cup car for some time now, he's not even going to run a full schedule of the Trucks, if he does really well they said they might stick him in a couple truck races, next year will be Late Models and Arca. It will be another 3-4 years to see RC in a Cup car, and that is IF he picks it up fast.

And I don't understand Nascar being a dumb hillbilly sport, cause I know a few morons that can fly on a MX bike, but they wouldn't have the know how to give the feedback to make a stock car fast at even the lower levels. Being a good stock car driver involves 2 things, talent behind the wheel, and giving feedback to what the car is doing and needs.

But of course, the geniuses in here will reply with a 3rd grade bash. :devil:

Obviously you did not see "Days of Thunder" Tom Cruise did not know how to give feed back, but he learned quickly Just like RC will. J/k. Anyway they just rang the recess bell gotta go.

that just makes me angry

what a waste of time but not of money!

I'm amazed at the amount of ignorance in many of the posts on this thread-

To paraphrase:

"Nascar is a hillbilly sport"

"Nascar is boring"

"RC will kick ass in Nascar"

"You don't need much talent or skill to drive a stock car - all they do is turn left"

"Nascar fans only go to watch the crashes"

Sorry - I have to be blunt here-

Fer crissake- everyone with those attitudes has clearly never raced a stock car or probably not even been to a race. Racing a stock car is one of the hardest and most demanding things I've ever done. It's hot as hell in those cars and you have to be 110% focused, all the while trying to drive on the ragged edge of control for a few hours straight with 1g loads on your body - with 30 or 40 other crazies out there all fighting for the same piece of real estate. Yea, a real piece of cake :devil::thumbsdn:

Nascar is all that, but at a much higher level. The guys that think it's boring or easy just don't have a clue and should just shut up until they get one.

RC will do OK(if he has the desire) in Nascar given enough time. It took Jeff Ward between 5 and 10 years on 4 wheels before he became successful in open wheel at the highest level. RC might do it in less time, or more. Either way, I support him and wish him well.

BJ

RC should stick to MX... that is where his talent lies. I think there are more titles for Ricky if he stays around longer. Nascar will be ok for him, hes probably going there because the $$ is better, but I have a feeling he will have limited sucess. Either way.. Good luck RC!

Wow, this is unbeleivable. WHY just WHY! :devil: Well atleast this way it will let other racers win for once.

I'm amazed at the amount of ignorance in many of the posts on this thread-

To paraphrase:

"Nascar is a hillbilly sport"

"Nascar is boring"

"RC will kick ass in Nascar"

"You don't need much talent or skill to drive a stock car - all they do is turn left"

"Nascar fans only go to watch the crashes"

Sorry - I have to be blunt here-

Fer crissake- everyone with those attitudes has clearly never raced a stock car or probably not even been to a race. Racing a stock car is one of the hardest and most demanding things I've ever done. It's hot as hell in those cars and you have to be 110% focused, all the while trying to drive on the ragged edge of control for a few hours straight with 1g loads on your body - with 30 or 40 other crazies out there all fighting for the same piece of real estate. Yea, a real piece of cake :thumbsdn::thumbsdn:

Nascar is all that, but at a much higher level. The guys that think it's boring or easy just don't have a clue and should just shut up until they get one.

RC will do OK(if he has the desire) in Nascar given enough time. It took Jeff Ward between 5 and 10 years on 4 wheels before he became successful in open wheel at the highest level. RC might do it in less time, or more. Either way, I support him and wish him well.

BJ

That is some funny :devil:.

Just because you think it is hard an demanding doesn't make it

A. Interesting

B. Hard

C. Racing

I have 1g load on me for 8 hours a night while I sleep :cry:

I can't believe RC is going to race "STREET QUADS" :excuseme:

I wish the best to him hopefully he will do good

genEric wrote:

I have 1g load on me for 8 hours a night while I sleep

Nice of you to tell the world about how your 300 lb. fat wife sleeps on top of you. All that weight is cutting off the circulation to your brain.......

Yea, stock car racing is real easy, That's why genEric has won the Nextel cup a bunch of times already.

Now go get in a real 'late model stock car', race it and come back after you've actually shown how easy it really is. I mean, you're so skilled & knowledgable, you should have no problem winning your first race. All the other racers are just a bunch of tards and redneck hillbillies anyway - it'll be easy for ya. geesh :devil::thumbsdn:

BJ

That is some funny :devil:.

Just because you think it is hard an demanding doesn't make it

A. Interesting

B. Hard

C. Racing

:

A. A million more people watch Nascar, it must be interesting :cry:

B. You have the experience of a 2 year old on a tricycle. :excuseme:

C. What exactly is racing then genius. :thumbsdn:

Boy, looks like I found someone that came from a weak gene pool :cry::thumbsdn:

I sense very few here have a pre Seinfeld knowledge of moto history. :thumbsdn:

1.Racing is Racing and what exactly did you expect him to do?

2.He is known for his discipline and has a steep learning curve.He'll do fine.

3.Whether anyone here personally like NASCAR has no bearing on his career move,he is moving on to the HIGHEST PAYING,MOST POPULAR form of motorsport in the U.S.

GOOD LUCK TO THE GOAT! :thumbsdn:

btw:for all you young naysayers out there google the name John Surtees and Joe Leonard. :devil: