Sign in to follow this  

Dial a Jet

I am going to call BS on this product. Although I have NEVER used one, I just don't feel that it would work that well.

If it does what I think it does, then it should work. It sucks fuel from the bottom of the bowl then distributes the fuel through it's own valve via that top needle/port - I assume your adjustment is how much fuel you can "dial" via that valve at the top. The pictures they show are NOT from one of our FCR carbs, I don't see that kit being available for our bikes anyway...

dialajet2.jpg

Seems like it should work using the vacuum of the venturi but how well will it work since it injects fuel straight into the throat of the carb bypassing the MJ & needle - that means that your needle and MJ has to be jetted leaner to compensate for their extra needle in order for their needle to be able to do its job. The other problem I see with that design is that since it sucks from the bottom of the bowl, that is where all the silt/dirt sit and their little blue hose and needle can get clogged - if you have ever taken your bowl off right after a long dusty ride, you would know what I mean. There is a little bit of dirt at the bottom of the cap in the following picture - this was when I first brought my bike home, supposedly it has not been on any ride yet.

http://av-motorcycles.gotdns.com:9296/06YZ250F/leak_jet/IMGP4623.JPG

The other thing to think about is that you are required to drill a hole in your venturi to insert that needle and there isn't much room to work with in front of the air box intake clamp.

TN_IMGP3819.JPG

Looking at the side of the carb from the shifter side...

http://av-motorcycles.gotdns.com:9296/06YZ250F/carburetor/IMGP3795.JPG

Bottom line for me is - no thanks, I'll stick with my needles and jets.

It seems to me this is performing a function similar to the fuel screw. For quick, thumbwheel adjustments the Zip-Ty fuel screw has really improved my bikes carburetion from idle to 1/4 throttle.

Brs,

Don V.