Raced a WR450 today...

Well I finally got a chance to race a new WR450F today that was also uncorked and jetted and whatnot, although it was not very loud but he did say he had some kind of baffle removed. We did two runs on a dirt road, one from a dead stop where I went off his move, and I had about 50 feet or so on him by the time I hit 70 ish. The second race we did from a 10mph roll and I was in 2nd. The results were about the same with me steadily pulling on him. Frankly I thought they were a bit quicker than that, his was right on par with the two YZ250 two strokes I have also run recently and on the same road. Mine seems to be running pretty well lately. It might help that I only weigh 160lbs.

Total kills to date...

2001 YZ250, piped

2003 YZ250, also piped

3 different YFZ450 quads, all piped and surprisingly quick out of the hole

2006 uncorked WR450

Wicked,

That is cool that you are showing the rest of the world that the Pig rules. I was looking at the list of your bikes. You need to plate the Crf50. I like the look of the taillight for the Wr450. I might look into one for my plated Pig. Have fun, Tony

Nothing beats engine size, you have 200 more cc's, and the pigs make great torque, the wr is more of a short stroke top end bike, So I would hope that you could wax a wr450. If he would have beat you would you have posted it? I would say time for a new top end if so!

I read somewhere a stock corked wr450 makes 39 hp, uncorked around 45.

Nothing beats engine size, you have 200 more cc's, and the pigs make great torque, the wr is more of a short stroke top end bike, So I would hope that you could wax a wr450. If he would have beat you would you have posted it? I would say time for a new top end if so!

I read somewhere a stock corked wr450 makes 39 hp, uncorked around 45.

I would have posted if he beat me.

2004 WR450F: 14/52, bush/race

2002 XR650R: 15/48, dualsport/touring

Hi Simon,

I just bought a 2003 Yamaha WR450F with a street plate sure hope the DMV does not try to pull it.

And I just found a very nice 2003 Honda XR650R with street plates.

Is owning two very different motorcyles better than buy one new KTM/Husqvarna?

TIA Matt

2004 WR450F: 14/52, bush/race

2002 XR650R: 15/48, dualsport/touring

Hi Simon,

I just bought a 2003 Yamaha WR450F with a street plate sure hope the DMV does not try to pull it.

And I just found a very nice 2003 Honda XR650R with street plates.

Is owning two very different motorcyles better than buy one new KTM/Husqvarna?

TIA Matt

I would LOVE to have a WR450 inthe stable to compliment my 650R. I would keep the WR as the woods/singletrack weapon and the 650R for everything else.

I raced a 2005 Yamaha raptor stock, against my 2000 XR600 with a supertrap, and absolutely blew it away. He would always get me out of the hole cause i couldnt get any traction, but after i shifted into second i was gone. I probably should have started in second gear cause i could barely keep the tired down.