Installed Moose SS front brake line

All I can say is wow! What a difference. Broke out the SBS brake bleeder and got a real good bleed job on it. The lever is solid as a rock and it feels like twice the sharpness and braking power now. I am going to have to re-calibrate my right hand.

I thoroughly bled my stock rubber line with the SBS bleeder and it still felt soft. The brake line makes all the difference. The Moose (Venhill) line is a very nicely made product too.

I have my stock rubber line laying around. I recall someone sawed theirs in half. PM me if you are interested in it. :devil:

ok what about the rear line? i had to remove the rear caliper in order to get the stock brake line bolt off. and in order to do that, i had pull the rubber boot cover off of the stay bolt to get to the stay bolt itself to remove it. without removing the stay bolt the caliper won't come off.

the issue now is that the rubber stay bolt boot has to go in the caliper housing first. and there is no way to fit it through the opening with the stay bolt in place. and with the rubber boot in place you can not get to the nut on the rear of the stay bolt to tighten it, nor can you use vice grips to tighten the bolt from the front side.

there must be some trick to reinstalling the rear caliper and working around the caliper stay bolt issue. i'm missing something here...it can't be this difficult. anybody dealt with this issue before?

there must be some trick to reinstalling the rear caliper and working around the caliper stay bolt issue. i'm missing something here...it can't be this difficult. anybody dealt with this issue before?

When I installed my Moose/Venhill rear brake line a couple of weeks ago, I didn't do anything with the stay bolt. Don't even know what that is.

I removed the rear wheel and the caliper just slides off the swingarm. Got to the banjo bolt that way.

Bought it off TT, prompt service as usual. It was unbolt the old line, plug in the new line, bleed and ride.

The line even came with copper crush washers for the banjo bolts :devil:

Do you have a link for the Moose/Venhill line from TT? I'm interested in the rear SS line.......anything to improve that mushy feel of the stock rear brake. ?

• 4 months later...

The stock brake line on the rear brake leaves the master cylinder then curves forward several inches. After this forward curve, it then heads toward the back side.

If you try to go straight from the master cylinder to the caliper the line will be too long.... If you routed it correctly and it is still too long, ???