Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Am I the only one that DOES NOT like the Rekluse?

I'm an X guy, I ride all trails, some dunes, but I agree the Rekluse is not for me. Advertise it in the 450X forum or over at CRFs only, it will sell quick.

LO F'ING L!!!!!!

On the rekluse clutch do you have to let off the throttle then shift or shift when WOT? I thought about getting one for my CRF 450 desert bike but still on the fence.

i would recommend letting off of it. i'm sure you could slam it....but ouch.

I was sold after getting the holeshot in every moto I have ever run since I installed it. (7 for 7) I am glad there are so many haters, now I dont have to worry about anyone having one that I am on the line with. You guys are all correct, it sucks and dont ever buy one.

I was sold after getting the holeshot in every moto I have ever run since I installed it. (7 for 7) I am glad there are so many haters, now I dont have to worry about anyone having one that I am on the line with. You guys are all correct, it sucks and dont ever buy one.

I don't think anyone would debate that it works well for starts, especially for people that can't start well with a clutch :devil:, but there is much more to riding than MX results and holeshots.

I found the Rekluse nice for trail riding, but somewhat unnecessary. For non-competitive MX riding is was a waste of time.

I don't think anyone would debate that it works well for starts, especially for people that can't start well with a clutch :devil:,

Well judging by my own experiences, nobody can start well while using a clutch :thumbsdn: However I tend to find it works great for me almost everywhere. But whatever, more haters = more holeshots for me. If I was just riding around the track, I would still find it useful, but not worth the money. Lucky for me I got my broken for free and fixed it with a $15 hardware kit and an easy out.

On the rekluse clutch do you have to let off the throttle then shift or shift when WOT? I thought about getting one for my CRF 450 desert bike but still on the fence.

Having a Rekluse clutch doesn't change the way your bike shifts. You can shift as you normally would if you didn't have a Rekluse installed. Power shift with the clutch or without.

The Rekluse uses centrifigal force to disengage the clutch. Anytime the engine is running above idle speed the clutch works as normal. When the engine drops to idle speed the clutch automatically engages. What that does is prevent engine stalls if you lock up the rear wheel.

As for starts you could still use the clutch normally for starts but theres no need. You can be sitting at the line with your bike in gear and the engine idling without the clutch lever being pulled in. When the gate drops just twist the throttle and go.

As for starts you could still use the clutch normally for starts but theres no need. You can be sitting at the line with your bike in gear and the engine idling without the clutch lever being pulled in. When the gate drops just twist the throttle and go.

I didn't have much success trying this way. Going from idle to full throttle will have a tendency to stall the bike. The best way I have found is to put the bike in 3rd, hold the front brake and give about 1/4 throttle. I hold the clutch in until the 1 minute card. Then I let bike loaded up like you would do with an auto drag car. Comes out so smooth and dead consistant. Its so nice when you are on the line with 30+ other guys and you know you are not to get caught in the pile up. Like I said, I hope nobody else I race against ever gets one.

I agree with most on here, the Rekluse definitely has its advantages. Trailriding, MX, hillshooting, whatever the circumstance.......the Rekluse can definitely be an added benefit. Im certainly not saying the Rekluse is a bad product by no means, on the contrary its a great product! Its simply not for me. I like the thrill of the clutch way too much :devil:

Installed the rekluse and after 20 minutes of riding, Im taking it out. 400$ + 100$ for external override adjuster for 20 minutes. I must just like using the clutch alone. Guess Im going to try to sell the Rekluse. Am I the only one that likes the regular clutch?

:cry::thumbsdn::devil::cry: :cry: :cry::excuseme::thumbsdn::cry:

I have a new one ,at 45 years old I will wax your ass at mx or woods anytime , oklahoma riding strong

I have a new one ,at 45 years old I will wax your ass at mx or woods anytime , oklahoma riding strong

Sure you will tough guy... anybody can be a fast on the internet...LOL.

Personally I didn't like the two Rekluse setups I have tried. However, it would be a ton fun if I only rode trails with light MX riding. Instead, I race a few hare scrambles and ride almost all MX each season where auto-clutch's weaknesses would certainly get in the way. Not to mention the clutch is fun!

:devil::thumbsdn:

I took advantage of Rekluse's money back guarantee. They seem to be a great company with excellent customer service.

It's a novel idea, but it would take all of the fun out of it for Me. I almost went for it once, then after thinking about it, I kind of felt like that was My job to do. My pride wouldn't let me do it.

IMHO it's not about getting from A to B, but how you do it.:mad:

I like mine, I've had it since early '03. I won 3 Supermoto championships with it. Holeshots, no stalls, no wheel hop, and now I have a rear brake on the left bar! Rear brake slides into right hand turns with my foot on the ground! It also makes the CRF a reasonable trail bike with the stock gearing. I am also still using the original clutch plates. By the way, Formula 1 race cars don't have clutch pedals! :cheers:

I bought a complete set up from Rekluse, put about 10 hours on it, it is kinda cool, but I prefer to work the clutch myself...

anyone want to buy it?? PM me