Sign in to follow this  

devore closures

has anyone experienced the sick delays heading up 15 to high desert? going out this weekend and don't know what to expect. leaving south OC at 0500 returning at 1500

we need to put out a moratorium on these types of questions, like the military "don't ask and we won't tell"

crf70af, did your feelings get bruised? most of us on this site have been riding in Ca. our entire lives. we have already witnessed the "best" riding spots close. one of the only things that can ruin our riding days is too many people "newbes" that don't know what they are doing...next thing you know we are all pulling lotery tickets to ride at Elsinore. your new riding son pulls out in front of one of us at the "best" spot and now we add another statistic to our already diminishing riding areas.

i assure you, the only people on this site giving out riding area tips are those that havn't been through the closures we have. holiday weekends in ca. were at one time something to look forward to now they are something most of use avoid.

next time you go out in your toy hauler with your family and the quad group or the partiers show up and you're defending your little parcel of camp ground you'll know why we don't give out the "best" riding area tips..

no need to make your sissy little comments on a reply...we know your type.

I've been riding since i was 5 so I'm not a newbie just ridin' only in the high desert areas and Ocotillo area:ride:

I just wanted a new place for my son to ride to experience a different riding terrain.

by the way, that was not what your original post said...you made no mention of your son...i was responding to your broad brush appeal. riding since you were 5 and you need advise on the "best" riding spots...? what do you think is left out there? the only secret spots in ca. are private or illegal....every thing is over ridden, whooped out, crowed, rocky or small...

I know thats true it is getting crowded. I took my son riding just last week and he is just barely learning to ride and there was these people that had no respect come blazing right past my son who could barely ride the bike. so I told lets go home and he started crying that he wanted to stay and ride and I told him it wasn't safe for him to ride cause of these people. So I owe him a trip. probably during the week when people are working.:devil:

that is my point exactly, in my opinion you had no respect for the riders blazing by...we do not want new riders comming to our spots and telling us how to ride. we are not going to lower ourselves to the lowest common dinomiator. we want to blaze by, we want no rules, no speed limits or directional trails...i'm not saying that you would, but some may call a ranger or report what you believe is an unsafe act...then more eyes are on our sport with more rules and regulations...

They were the new riders i've been going to that spot with my dad for at least twenty years

so, the bottom line is you don't like that there is over crowding, it's not enjoyable, and now you fully understand my (our) position on sharing riding spots...

your apology is accepted

its more that houses are being built every where thats whats closes riding areas and the fact that people destroy things and leave trash and recklessness. the over crowding does suck!

that is my point exactly, in my opinion you had no respect for the riders blazing by...we do not want new riders comming to our spots and telling us how to ride. we are not going to lower ourselves to the lowest common dinomiator. we want to blaze by, we want no rules, no speed limits or directional trails...i'm not saying that you would, but some may call a ranger or report what you believe is an unsafe act...then more eyes are on our sport with more rules and regulations...

Come on dude, are you serious? Do you have kids? I doubt it with that attitude. Don't forget you were the lowest common denominator at one time. Get over yourself...

my kid started at el mirage, developed his skills. then to local tracks, then to stoddard, next to bell mountain and then after many years moved to the "best" areas...now at 13 yrs old can ride circles around most every adult that i know. i won't get over myself, and you guys will never learn of the "best" riding areas on this site...

Without revealing any info about any super-secret best in the world riding spots, the freeway closures at devore are on the southbound side. Going north into the dez, you won't have any trouble. Coming home, however, is another matter. I was going North this past Sunday at about 1600 hrs and the traffic was stopped as far up the hill as you could see past the 138 get off. Depending on which secret riding spot you are going to, it may be quicker to come from the OC up the 5 to the 14 to 138 to 18, or 5-14-58...or at least return that way.

Does that answer the question?

Well Mr. 7 Sounds like you have a whole lot of sand in your Mangina. I could care less if you get annoyed by people trying to enjoy the same sport your family obviously does. Jerks like you are what is wrong with this sport! Secret riding spots-- give me an f’ing break. If it’s a legal riding area---guess what hotshot that means that EVERY rider has a right to ride there---Not just whom you deem worthy. No one asked if you were an A-hole---But you sure told everyone you were!

listen ID, keep asking on this site for riding area tips...and the nonresponse will support my point. jerks like me have seen wana be riders like you close down every good spot around...let's say you stumble on a spot that is not crowded, good trails and no rangers...youre gonna tell all the members of this sight about your good fortune? not likely...you sound like some fat doppy guy that stumbeled on this sight and now you believe you have all new buddies that will share information. youre most likely the same guy that asks how to get a stripped drain bolt from the case of your new xr 150....every rider can ride anywhere they want, just don't ask for our best spots...no one with any sense is going to tell you. only some newbe that doesn't know better...every seasoned Socal rider will tell you the same thing. what makes matters worse youre most likely a quad rider...

Well Mr. 7 Sounds like you have a whole lot of sand in your Mangina. I could care less if you get annoyed by people trying to enjoy the same sport your family obviously does. Jerks like you are what is wrong with this sport! Secret riding spots-- give me an f’ing break. If it’s a legal riding area---guess what hotshot that means that EVERY rider has a right to ride there---Not just whom you deem worthy. No one asked if you were an A-hole---But you sure told everyone you were!

Don't bite on 7sevens trolling. Take a look at his past posts, hardly anything helpful to anyone. Mostly just sarcastic snide remarks. His profile says 46, but he sounds more like 14.

The reason you don't hear about the "secret riding spots" is that most of them are illegal, on private property, or at least marginally legal. In my experience here on TT, many people are willing to give tips on good riding areas.

Mr. 7--- I could care less where you really really cool super special ultra bitchen expert rider guys ride. I’ve never asked and don’t care! I also don’t care how long you’ve been riding in SOCAL or how cool you think you are Your still an ASSHAT !

I do enjoy how you call the top secret classified riding areas “Our Spots” like you belong to some cool guy club when I’m willing to bet that most people who read your posts just think you’re an idiot!

As far as you trying to insult myself and my riding----- do you hear that--------?

That --Moron ---Is the sound of me not loosing any sleep over what you think.