Sign in to follow this  

Duramax Recalls or Issues???

Im just curios about this one. I know the powerstroke's have had issues and IF the cummins ever had any i've never herd of them.

Where do i go to find and recalls or problems with any manufacturer???

I havent heard of any major problems with the Duramax. Not surprising though, GM didnt design it (its an Isuzu engine).

I havent heard of any major problems with the Duramax. Not surprising though, GM didnt design it (its an Isuzu engine).

There was the recall for the injectors on the 1st generation (or first year) duramax's, which was caused by a bad fuel filter. That's the only one I know of for the Duramax.

I've had my DuraMax for about 3 years now and have no problems at all. The DuraMax combined with the Allison transmission is a solid package.

We have 700 of them in our fleet.

No problems other than injectors in the early one, 8 engines lost cylinder # 4.

8 outta 700 is pretty good.

Check with you local dealer for any bulletins,,

The early Allisons had a control module that needed re-Locating or replacing & relocating,, I have that model, no problems after 100.000 miles.

None what so ever.

Our 680 Ford Powerjoke trucks,,

Now there's a thread,,

The new Ford F450 looks so tempting,, so excellent.

Nahhh, Allison, GMC and the GMPP warranty for this family.

The early Allisons had a control module that needed re-Locating or replacing & relocating,, I have that model, no problems after 100.000 miles.

None what so ever.

Now there's a thread,,

So what type of business are we talking about here??

I've had my DuraMax for about 3 years now and have no problems at all. The DuraMax combined with the Allison transmission is a solid package.

the little D-max allison just can not be beat.

i have accses to all the trucks -------my personal 02 D-max has the suspect injectors , and i have not had any problems at all with over 100.000 mile of heavy ( 26,000 lbs total --14,000 on the truck at times ) towing .

right now there is a builiton on the injecters ,

the tail gate cable and the fuel filter .

i have the complete alldata info on all the vehicles as well as all the factory builtions on all vehicles and the little D-max allison truck is the way to go.

you just have to make sure you do not get an lly run code motor ,

you want the lb7 or lbz --------the lly ran from mid 04 to june of 06-----it was an 18 month run that was a mistake

the lly had an overheat problem that was hard for a normal guy to repair ,

when it became hot it turned the power down and ran bad,

look at the run sticker in the glovebox and make sure tha 3 digit run code is lb7 or lbz ------and do not get the lly and life will be good :mad:

the lly can be corrected and actually is better in many ways but not for the normal guy.

i have an lly in our race D-max truck, ---and it is great but it is not normal :mad:

So what type of business are we talking about here??

Public utility fleet.

We have 200 Toyota and 180 Honda 3rd generation Hybreds too.

The MPG gained is false economy.

Nowhere near claimed, even if it was,, false economy with overall cost and resale considered.

Resale value on these cars will be interesting.

The batteries cost 5 grand,, and so far aren't lasting as long as claimed.

Some models have 2 batteries.

I think the Hybred will be a bic lighter: Use it, then throw it away.

Mother Ford bought back most our Powerjokes.

Our Dodge trucks have really bad resale value.

Damfino why,, but they don't hold their value.

Duramax and Allison is the way to go.

Yeah for my dad's business, he is in partnership of a plastering company. Man they got screwed. The had the injector problem, and they got it fixed at the same time the recall was a big deal and all. So long story short they didn't take it the dealer and they had to pay to get it fixed. I told my dad, and I doubt he told his partner since it was already done.

We got a recall on our Dmax for the Hydro Boost acuumilator. This is on a 2005 LLY.

I think you'll get more recalls on the truck itself more than anyhitng.

None what so ever.

Now there's a thread,,

GMC just upped the warranty on injectors 200k miles or 7 years I just got crap in mail . It was recall letter stated to keep letter if problem ever happens.

GMC just upped the warranty on injectors 200k miles or 7 years I just got crap in mail . It was recall letter stated to keep letter if problem ever happens.

How far back does that revised warranty extend to? I assume you are talking about GM trucks (chevy and gmc)

mx813

injector issues that is it.... they pull like a tractor and the allison is very impresive.

How far back does that revised warranty extend to? I assume you are talking about GM trucks (chevy and gmc)

mx813

it goes back to the first released 01 D-max-----it is cool they did that,

most people that needed help got it -------and if you paid for a repair you can get ahold of gm and get reimbursed :mad:

and yes its on all the lines :mad:

I just bought a Duramax with 6 speed Allison and it's one solid rig. Pull a house down if it had to and will outrun most anything in a drag race.

Duramax needs one last total recall and clear for some good, true American made diesel.

Recall you bike then because it's not made in the good ol' USA!!! :mad:

Thanks for all the advice. Im not looking to buy one anytime soon as i am still a student. But my main reason was for sum backing against the dodge. I know how damn solid the dodges are but my buddy is a STRICT dodge kinda guy and we ALWAYS argue back and forth like a couple of stupid mechanics would. lol

Here we are forken out $35 grand to become quality technicians and all we can do is argue dodge vs chevy!!! lol

I have 2002 Duramax Diesel in a 4 door 2500. It just blew the injectors 3 weeks ago. I rode in the tow truck to the dealership (here in Phoenix) and there were 7 other Duramax diesels with blown motors or injectors. Its hard to tell until you pull off the head of the motor and see if there is a cracked piston or a hole in it. My crankcase was full of diesel and blowing off crankcase pressure like a spray can. If your lucky enough to have just the injector problem it is $5000 repair. If your injector blows a hole through your piston.....$10000 repair for a long block exchange (new + core).

I bought the truck in Nov 2001, it has 82000 miles...I was 3 weeks inside of the 5 year warranty. It is a well documented problem with the duramax. Check out some forums about the Duramax (do a google search). After talking to the dealership mechanic..........this is a huge problem with there engines.

Beware! Every manufacture puts out lemons, but when multiple trucks are inline for the same problem (a $5000 problem)....it raises a concern! I'm not a fan anymore......I'm going Powerstoke!