rekluse clutch 07 250 sxf

I have pulled 6 out of 10 holeshots on cement starts with that type of clutch and will never ride without one. It is like cheating! Consistancy is the best feature! No bog, no excessive spinning, no stalling, Many pro's use them but not enough money out there to pay bubba, RC or reed or any top guy to promote it.

The Rekluse replaces the outer pressure plate and uses a few different steels in the clutch. The Rekluse works by the ball/ramp centrifugal method. A large spring pressures an outer plate that holds the balls towards the center of the new pressure plate. In the this position the clutch is freewheeling. As rpm's increase, the balls want to slide outward on their ramps, which puts pressure on the clutch pack. The engagement rate of the balls (how fast they ramp) and at what rpm they start to move (preload) can all be adjusted. You can use heavier balls (optional Tungsten Carbide) to make the clutch engage faster (slam together) and adjust preload on the pressure plate spring to change the engagement rpm level. The clutch also requires a precise amount of gap in the clutch plates (why they include different thicknesses of steels) to prevent slippage and excessive wear. I have found that this is probably the most critical adjustment.

I had a Rekluse in my Honda 650R and loved it, until I started to grenade clutch baskets. This bike makes WAY too much torque (my motor is so far from stock its ridiculous) for the Rekluse to handle. I had lots of Tungsten balls and still could not get the bike over 85 mph due to clutch slippage on the top end. That said, I will NEVER own a smaller displacement bike without a Rekluse. They are phenomenal peices of equipment that are a must have, especially in the woods. An intermediate/pro level motocrosser probably has the clutch control that a Rekluse isn't a necessity for them, but for everyone else, you have to have it!!