You Break It You Buy It. My totalled SV1000S photos / saga

If you had insurance why in gods name did you bother to rebuild a bike THAT destroyed??? That is a true total. You should have let the insurance company keep it and buy a new one at that point.
It cost me like $1300 ish to keep the bike.

Bike cost = $8599 OTD

After insurance payout my cost to keep = $1300

+ $1000 for 06 GSXR750 front end

+ $600 OEM Parts (at cost + 10%) (Brother works at a dealer).

+ $360 GPR

+ $100 Pilot Power Tire

+ $300 all new SS lines

+ $50 top clamp

+ $400 Clip ons

+ $100 fender

Total bike cost = $4210 Out of pocket and it is way more trick then it ever would have been. And I own the title outright.

If you read the story in my garage I mentioned the frame is fine. And it is. GMD is an option if I ever really think it needs it. But so far it seems just fine for street riding.

Well at least you were wise about the repairs. Those are good bikes and the 750 front end was a good choice. Good to see you riding again!
Thanks for seeing it my way.... sortof.... haha.... Ya I was really happy with the 750 front end. It looks very sweet (black so they match the chassis) and performs. After it is registered I will install the Ti Force / PC3 and a fender elim kit. I really like how it turned out. Great blend of street vs. full sport and VTWIN keeps it very torquey. The Ti Force is gonna be awesome. Tucks up next to the body in the rear. Uncorked. Can't wait its really gonna give it a whole new look and a bit of much needed noise. :mad:

Did you feel your brother had the experience to ride your new bike? If not then its really not all his fault. My older bro did the same thing to my KE 100 back when I was 15. I was red hot for a month back then but laugh about it now.
He had a learners permit (Not his first). But no M1 endorsed license.

-He doesn't have a lot of "street" experience on bikes. I should have known better.

-He has a tendency to drive fast and do stupid things while driving. (Hasn't got past the "lets drive fast and drift around corners" mentality.

I am very protective of my bikes. He hadn't really ridden it ever before that day except a short ride around the neighborhood. (Which is basically where he was when he wrecked it).

He pulled the ole guilt trip one day.... "I let you ride my $7000 06 YZ250F all the time at the MX track and you never even let me touch your new bike."

I thought about it and decided...."Ya I guess he is right I am too anal about letting him ride my bikes on occasion."

So the next day.... we were in Sacramento together.... and I told him "Go ahead and take it home.... but remember to take it easy on MY toy. And you have to wear my leathers, helmet, boots, full gear!"

So off he went. By the time I came home he had totalled it and my mom actually came down to tell me. "First off your brother is OK." That was all she had to say.... I just took a walk alone to clear the anger before even seeing the bike. :worthy: I was very pissed. But I thought to myself "its a good thing he was wearing all that gear! I guess my bike is going to look like crap.... He probably laid it over and now its all scratched up." (Little did I know).

Turns out he took my bike straight to a buddies house. Then took off all the gear. Then decided to go for a quick stroll in the neighborhood in shorts / T-shirt. Where on this narrow windy rural road he took a 30MPH posted corner at like 70+ into some gravel and lost the rear end which was hopping on the road. He straightened it as he went offroad and a small rock under the cover of the weeds shot the bike straight into the tree even though he was convinced he was going to save it.

Whew thats how it happened.:mad: :mad: :mad: