GYTR clutch kit problem PLEASE HELP

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright, my clutch is totally different from any other 03 clutch. The guy said that the guy that owned the bike before him put in an 04 cltuch. Does that mean that he would re route all of the cables? I thought it would just be the pressure plate basket and stuff. Is my bike really an 03 or is it a later year?? It came with an 03 manual but the guy couldve bought it. The 1st owner is fighting in Iraq right now.

What else can I look for that they change for 04. Theres gotta be alot cause I know that they would change alot of things since 03 was the first year.

compare my garage to kawiriders. The other 03's go on the RIGHT side of the head while mine goes on the left.

If your bike is an '03, the first 10 characters of the VIN code (on the steering head) will be JYACJ03C33.

As far as "putting in an '04 clutch", the clutch plates were revised for '04, but the part numbers were never changed. If you buy OEM replacements for an '03, you get the '04 parts automatically.

Your clutch cable and release arm are those of an '04/'05. If the bike is an '03, it was either converted to that setup, or it was a late model year change-over. Either way, don't attempt to use the GYT-R actuator. You don't need it. Use either the Hinson or Yamaha springs.

Hey grayracer is there anything else that I can do to make the pull smoother and easier I put the yamaha springs back in. They were in spec at 50mm which is what they're supposed to be.

I think your problem is that you have the cable routed incorrectly. It looks like it comes accross from the right side in front of the engine. Since you have the parts for an 04 it should come straight down the left side of the frame along the cradle until it goes in the guide that bolts to the bottom of the cyclinder. The 03 will not have any guides welded to the left side of the frame for the cable but you should be able to loosely zip ty it in place. Just make sure it doesn't bind or have any sharp turns and it should solve your problem.