Why Yamaha

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people in the US don;t know how lucky you are, I live in South Africa. Financing here a cool 12 to 13% (if youre lucky)The Price of a new 07 WR450f about $9000 US about 65000 rands. oh.. and dont even try to haggle the dealers here.. THEY ALL KNOW EACH OTHER!

brand loyalty is stupid in this day and age!!!

People are creatures of habit. Plus its not always about the product as a whole.Its about the things that go along with it like ease of service, large aftermarket customer relations and past experiences.

That's why - had a:

2000 R6 - great looks, good to start with

2004 R1 - even greater looks, enough power, easy to handle

2005 XT660X - perfect ride, endless fun

2003 WR450F - good handling, very reliable

Other manufacturers make good bikes as well, sure - but for some reason there's a tattoo on my heart that says "Yamaha"

I'm not sure I would call myself a Yamaha loyalist. I've owned a lot of bikes over the years and when I first rode my 98 WR400 I was in love. The bike truly made me a better rider. Since then I've slowly turned into a Yamaha fan.. I just think they've made the right decisions with the direction on their WR line up. I don't buy them because they're priced well, I buy them because I just like how the bike feels.. I've ridden most late model fourstrokes and still prefer the ride of the WR with its planted feel up front not to mention a rock solid valve train and top shelf suspension components.. I saw an 07 WR250F a couple of days ago and it looks like Yamaha hasn't let me down yet, they are beautiful bikes... Looks like I'm gonna wait til 08 for a new (hopefully street legal) WR. As happy as I am with the WR, the Aprillia 5.5 has my eye wondering, a dealer just moved into town and I looked at them, good god they're beautiful....... I can j