Sign in to follow this  

'04 WR OR '05???????What to do????

My bro is going to buy a new WR250, a dealer has an 04 and an 05, both are new. The price difference is $300., 04 is $3,599 otd and 05 is $5,899 otd.

Are there any differences between the two? What would you recomend.

Thanks in advance fellas.

NOt sure on differences, but I think there were some changes. Value will drop the second you take it off the lot, and the '04 will drop more than the '05. For $300 I'd go with the '05 just based on that, but wait to see who can respond with any changes. I think there were some improvements in suspension (forks?)

My bro is going to buy a new WR250, a dealer has an 04 and an 05, both are new. The price difference is $300., 04 is $3,599 otd and 05 is $5,899 otd

I'm confused. You mention there's a $300 price difference, but the difference between the two prices you listed is $2300. If it's a $2300 difference I suggest getting the 04 and using any money you have leftover to do some basic mods - header/exhaust/jetkit/filter/barkbusters. I wish I could find a brand new 2004 for $3500 - where's the dealer located and how many does he have left?

The 05 has a lot narrower feel to it with a thinner fuel tank.

I agree, i would go for the 05' The 05's gas tank is slimmer, and the forks are 2mm wider. The rear shock has 0.6" less travel than the 04', but the lowered bike will have a btter center of gravity, and give a more controled feel.

-Brian