Let's see your RM-Z450!

kevin204

I really like those yellow hoses. Where did you get them and how much?

thanks! I got the hoses through my dealer (see swingarm sticker).

They got them and installed them when the whole bike was prepped for SM

last winter,, sorry- I don't even remember what I paid!

PM me and I could give you their # :applause:

Haha, It Took Me About 12 Hours Last Weekend To Do That. I Had An 02' Crf 450 That I Polished Too And I Debated On Doing This One But I Finally Broke Down And Did. I Took 220 Wet/dry To The Bottom Portion Then Went Over It Again With 400 Then 1000 Then 1500 To Finish It Off. The Top Part I Just Went Over With 1000 Then 1500. My Old Man Drives Truck For A Living So I Borrowed His Buffer And Compound (yellow Wheel And Green Compound) Then Finished It Off With Busch Polish (best Aluminum Polish If Have Found). He Knows All The Tricks For Making Aluminum Looking Good. Oh Yeah It's Alot Easier When The Bike Is Tore Down But Being Riding Season I Didn't Feel Like Doing That. I'll Really Polish It Up This Winter.

I'll Have Some Good Dirty Pics For Ya After The Weekend, I Have Some From Last Weekend But That Was Before I Polished The Frame.

Yeah, I Actually Bought This Bike Used From Another Tt Member. He Had Invested Alot Of Money Into It. It Was Set Up For Motorcross And I Had To Add My Finishing Touch For Trail Riding. I Dont Care For The Yellow Tank Either. I'll Probably Get Rid Of The Tank And Get New Graphics For Next Season. Spent The Allowance From The Wife Already.

Damn I cant see it... stupid geoshitties.

this help?

100_0534.JPG

if not then here i saved it on my PB account

sick450.jpg

sickest bike i seen in a while u need to hit us up with a link of this "green stuff" and then that busch polish please:worthy: :applause:

Thanks for posting my pic for me. Still not real sure how to do it. Here is a couple links for what you are looking for in a polish and compound.

http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?pf_id=35904&dept_id=126

http://www.iowa80.com/iowa80/shop?method=product&prodid=26822

http://www.iowa80.com/iowa80/shop?method=category&catid=BUFFBARS-9

You can probably find these products somewhere cheaper. I usually get my stuff from a truck stop. The site for the compound shows different types and what they are used for. It says green is for stainless steel but it seems to work pretty good for aluminum. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
Here is how an RMZ 450 likes to be ridden, learn't these today.

Andy.

Jackhammer-Flip-1.jpg

aaaahh. One question, why did you choose a 450 to do freestyle with and not a 250 two stroke? For someone pulling cliffhanger backflips, it seems a bit of a wierd choice to me. Care to explain?

aaaahh. One question, why did you choose a 450 to do freestyle with and not a 250 two stroke? For someone pulling cliffhanger backflips, it seems a bit of a wierd choice to me. Care to explain?

Andy has told me before that he likes the 450 for short run ups which a 250 2T isnt as good for...

Here's mine.

Finally got around to uploading some pics of my 2005 RMZ450 that I picked up this winter off my buddy Jeff. He's a professional racer so it's a pretty cool machine, hence reason I bought it. He had stuff done to this I'd never be able to get done plus it's setup amazingly well. Had a few guys come over to me after my first race raving about how planted it appeared to ride. No complaints from me. We went out and got a 4th and a pair of 1st in the first LRRS weekend.

Now I live in the Bay Area of Cali though and can't wait to get this baby out here with me. It's back in Boston waiting for me to fly home and drive all of my crap across the country! (early july) Lot of supermoto out here and I look forward to riding it with fellow motah-ed folks from the Bay Area.

2005 Suzuki RMZ450

--------------------------

Built by Jeff Wood, Chris Arbor, and Doug Henry

-Behr wheels 17" x 5" REAR and 16.5" front

-Motomaster brake system with Magura lever/mc

-REP built motor

* port polish

* cut head

* twist cut valves

- White Brothers Ti / Carbon exhaust

Lots of insanely trick attention to detail

- Custom ram air airbox ducts

- Custom rear seat bracket to allow more airflow into airbox

- All nuts 6-way drilled and clip wired

- Suspension linkage drilled and grease gun fittings added

- Swingarm linkage drilled and grease gun fittings added

- Tubeless rear (all inner spoke nipples glued over)

- Custom made 16t front sprocket

- Custom cutdown Ti footpegs

- Works Pro-Circuit suspension by "Bones"

DSCN2455.JPG

DSCN2462.JPG

DSCN2463.JPG

DSCN2465.JPG

DSCN2468.JPG

DSCN2460.JPG

Here's mine.

Finally got around to uploading some pics of my 2005 RMZ450 that I picked up this winter off my buddy Jeff. He's a professional racer so it's a pretty cool machine, hence reason I bought it. He had stuff done to this I'd never be able to get done plus it's setup amazingly well. Had a few guys come over to me after my first race raving about how planted it appeared to ride. No complaints from me. We went out and got a 4th and a pair of 1st in the first LRRS weekend.

Now I live in the Bay Area of Cali though and can't wait to get this baby out here with me. It's back in Boston waiting for me to fly home and drive all of my crap across the country! (early july) Lot of supermoto out here and I look forward to riding it with fellow motah-ed folks from the Bay Area.

2005 Suzuki RMZ450

--------------------------

Built by Jeff Wood, Chris Arbor, and Doug Henry

-Behr wheels 17" x 5" REAR and 16.5" front

-Motomaster brake system with Magura lever/mc

-REP built motor

* port polish

* cut head

* twist cut valves

- White Brothers Ti / Carbon exhaust

Lots of insanely trick attention to detail

- Custom ram air airbox ducts

- Custom rear seat bracket to allow more airflow into airbox

- All nuts 6-way drilled and clip wired

- Suspension linkage drilled and grease gun fittings added

- Swingarm linkage drilled and grease gun fittings added

- Tubeless rear (all inner spoke nipples glued over)

- Custom made 16t front sprocket

- Custom cutdown Ti footpegs

- Works Pro-Circuit suspension by "Bones"

Hey man I bet that thing is a weapon... how many teeth you run on the back?

How fast you got her up to?

How did you fit such a large sproket in the front... doesnt it hit the case guard?

Only thing I would suggest is freshen up the looks... get some 07 shrouds and alpha graphics or black seat... the mix of 05 shrouds + worn 06 seat and stocker graphics doesnt do the thing justice! Dress it up.. it deserves it.