clutch perch question

I had to replace a cluch perch on a 06 wr 450.I have a Question,what is the small wire with the swith for ,it seems that when the clutch lever is pulled in the switch is open.the new cluch perch did not have a place to connect the switch.

Thats because the perch they gave you is from the 05 or earlier models, you don't want to crank the starter when in gear if the clutch is not engaged.

Actually all Wr 450's (03 to present) have the switch. If you cut the switch off and connect the two wires together the bike will start in gear with the clutch in or out.

Actually all Wr 450's (03 to present) have the switch. If you cut the switch off and connect the two wires together the bike will start in gear with the clutch in or out.

:mad: wasn't too sure of what year. Don't want to crank over with the starter while in gear & the clutch out.

Actually it's no big deal. I have two WR's and one of them has the switch jumped out (previous owner). Quite honestly I rarely notice the difference and if you do try to start it in gear with the clutch out all it does is rock the bike a little bit.

I really don't think it causes any harm. I've put quite a few miles on the bike without a hint of a problem. It's not like you sit there and let it try to crank in gear. Pretty much as soon as you realize it's in gear you either pull in the clutch or let go of the button.