WR450 battery in a WR250

My friend has a WR250 and let his battery die...he wants to ride tomorrow and asked to borrow the battery from my 450. Will running my battery in his bike cause any harm? They are different part numbers and the batteries from their respective bikes say that they are "specially designed" for that model. I just wouldn't want to fry any of his electrical components.

Thanks for any help.

Put the batteries side by side and check to make sure they are the same voltage and have the same power output. I think it would be safe to say that it will not cause any problems or damage using it.

BTW, why won't the lazy mofo just use the kick start?

I doubt you would do any damage as they should both be 12 volt. The 450 battery may have more amps, as I would assume it would have a bigger starter motor. Even so, it shouldn't do any damage to the starter. Does the 450 battery physically fit in the 250?

For my jet skis I put in high amp batteries with a stock starter (to turn high compression overbore motors) with no problems at all.

Re: kickstarting. If the battery is totally dead/shorted out it will be a break in the electrical circuit and the ignition won't work. So he will need a battery in there.

Well the 450 battery did work with no harm done. It is the same dimensions as the 250 battery so it fit right in. He could not kickstart the bike with the dead battery as Soul Man said. My buddy said he tried kicking it for a good half hour with no results.

I guess there's a difference between dead batteries, as mine wouldn't take a charge, but would allow me to kick it over. I later used a much smaller battery that would let me use the magic start button, then I got the standard battery and it's been working great for a year now.

• 3 months later...
I doubt you would do any damage as they should both be 12 volt. The 450 battery may have more amps, as I would assume it would have a bigger starter motor. Even so, it shouldn't do any damage to the starter. Does the 450 battery physically fit in the 250?

For my jet skis I put in high amp batteries with a stock starter (to turn high compression overbore motors) with no problems at all.

Re: kickstarting. If the battery is totally dead/shorted out it will be a break in the electrical circuit and the ignition won't work. So he will need a battery in there.

Good information............ My WR250 battery popped open where it's supposed to be sealed on a big ride last weekend and the bike totaly died.

It smelled like rotten eggs for a while then just died. I couldn't start it at all!

The battery acid ate through the air filter too.

Martyyy