Im stumped help

I had a Pro Circuit T-4 on my 426 and I loved it, it gave it a noticable power difference and it sounds great but it's probably the loudest pipe i have ever heard on a bike, i think the e2 is supposed to be a little quieter, never rode one though.

The 450 slip ons should fit right on your bike. You might have to drill out the hole on the subframe for the bottom mount, mine had to be drilled about an 1/8 inch.

Ok so is the t-4 louder than stock? and i could probably put like an fmf factory 4.1 slip on on my 426 for a 450? You mentioned illing out the bottom mountcan you please exlpian i dont understand why you would do this mybe i just misread plz explain to me.... and would it matter that it is an aluminum subframe? thanx

:mad:

so would a fmf factory 4.1 for a 450 fit my 426 and if so how loud are they?:mad:

I suppose you could make it fit but why not just buy one designed for a 426? Unless of course you have a line on a 450 exhaust...if you're talking just the slip on that's one thing but if you are talking about the entire exhaust that is probably a different matter altogether.

Check out the current issue of Dirt Rider...they test a whole bunch of exhaust systems this month.

As long as you are closed course only these are all goos systems. Do a search here and read the different opinions to learn the good and bad points of each from members that used them.

I have a Pro Circuit T-4 system on my 02 426, installed new in June 2003. I have no complaints about the fit and performance. I would like it quieter for sound concerns. Easy to repack and came with a USFS spark arrestor installed that is removable if you feel it hinders performance. this pipe complimented the 450 DCM I did at the same time.

Bill

so would a fmf factory 4.1 for a 450 fit my 426 and if so how loud are they?:cheers:
You can fudge the FMF system into place on the 426, whether it's a full system, or a slip-on. The muffler isn't welded to the midpipe, and it mounts with a band clamp that can be positioned anywhere. The headers on the two bikes are the same, so as long as the 450 it came from is an '05 or older, the only point where you might have to do some filing is at the midpipe mount on the frame.

I'll guess that they run around 98-99db with good packing. Not great, but not nearly obnoxious, either.

You guys are alot of help and i almost have all the info i need i have just a few more questions by filing do you mean the bolt hole or what that might be kind of a stupid question but ive never been faced with anything like this. and you also said 05 or newer so would an 03 and 04 fit on with ease?

:cheers:

...and you also said 05 or newer so would an 03 and 04 fit on with ease?

What I said was:
You can fudge the FMF system into place on the 426, ...so as long as the 450 it came from is an '05 or older,
Be careful reading advice that you get it right. An '06 is totally different, and will not fit. "Fudge" was not intended to infer that it was going to be easy, just reasonably doable.