Looking for good KTM dealer in Washington.

Just out of curiosity ~ other than the "Monopoly Game" ~ what is wrong with them?

I'm from Portland. Bought my KTM 450EXC from Hillsborro Motorsports. I've bought a number of bikes from different shops around here & the experience has always been average.

You can always come to Vancouver, WA or Portland ~ I talked to them all before buying and I wouldn't say any of them here stood out as having stellar customer service or "smokin" deals.

My $0.02 ~ buy the bike for the best price you can possibly get (from the cheapest place). Wait until the end of the month. Call all the shops you are willing to travel to ~ tell them you are going to buy a bike in the next 24 hours. Then tell them you are calling around to all the shops to find the best price. As you get better prices ~ Call the other shops beck and play the price game with them!

I don't know where you live so I picked Chehalis, WA and 200 miles:

MOTO INTERNATIONAL/CYCLE MART

8003 MARTIN WAY EAST

98516 OLYMPIA (WA)

LONGVIEW PROCALIBER

1020 INDUSTRIAL WAY

98632 LONGVIEW (WA)

NW EUROPEAN CYCLES

14106 PACIFIC AVENUE

98444 TACOMA (WA)

HINSHAW`S MOTORCYCLE STORE

1611 West Valley Highway South

98001 Auburn (WA)

CLIFF`S CYCLE CENTER

1515 CHARLESTON BEACH ROAD

98312 BREMERTON (WA)

PRO CALIBER MOTOR SPORTS, INC.

10703 N.E. 4TH PLAIN BLVD.

98662 VANCOUVER (WA)

I-90 MOTORSPORTS

200 NE GILMAN BLVD.

98027 ISSAQUAH (WA)

MOTOSPORT MOTORCYCLE, INC.

809 NE 28TH AVE.

97124 HILLSBORO (OR)

HUSQVARNA KTM OF GRESHAM

635 EAST POWELL BLVD

97030 GRESHAM (OR)

LYNNWOOD MOTOPLEX

17900 HWY 99

98037 LYNNWOOD (WA)

HIGH GEAR MOTORSPORTS, INC.

387 BUTLER STREET

98272 MONROE (WA)

PORT ANGELES POWER EQUIPMENT, INC.

2624 HWY. 101 EAST

98362 PORT ANGELES (WA)

JEFF`S PERFORMANCE

202 N RAILROAD AVE

98926 ELLENBURG (WA)

POWER YAMAHA KTM

345 SW Sublimity Blvd

97385 SUBLIMITY (OR)

SKAGIT POWERSPORTS

1645 WALTON DRIVE

98233 BURLINGTON (WA)

CONDOTTA`S MOTORSPORTS CENTRAL

3013 G.S. CENTER ROAD

98801 WENATCHEE (WA)

G & G CYCLE

2809 SW PACIFIC BLVD

97321 ALBANY (OR)

MT. BAKER MOTO-SPORTS, LLC

3950 HOME ROAD

98226 BELLINGHAM (WA)

KTM COUNTRY, INC.

457 RIVER AVE

97404 EUGENE (OR)

CASCADE MOTORSPORTS

20445 CADY WAY

97701 BEND (OR)

I don't know why that crashes your computer.... maybe you need to do some upgrades?

John Davies

Spokane WA

go to jeff's performance in ellensburg washington. i have picked up both of my ktm's from there. it's a great place. currently ktm does not make a EXC-W.

the exc is the street legal bike

the xc-w is the old exc bike

the xc is the race bike.

Check out HighGear Motorsports in Monroe, WA. The guys are great. I never even had to walk through the door to purchase my KTM. I called them on the phone, made a deal, and they delivered it for the best price I could find anywhere. I've since been using them for parts purchases over the phone, and they have been great.

KTM Country Inc

457 River Ave, Eugene, OR 97404

(541) 688-5881

10 minutes off I-5!

Call Bart.

Tell him Ironman Rich sent you via the 'net.

He will set up your bike how you want it and have it ready when you are.

Very honest, fair, and reasonable.

You always deal with the same guy and he knows his stuff!

I got the best deal on a 250xcfw there by a mile!

Good luck!

PS- Don't use the national brokers. We must support our local dealers. The little dealers get more bikes and better deals next year when you buy from them this year. KTM has been at local events in washington with a van full of parts to help racers. This budget comes from west coast bike sales. Support this effort- buy local! The national guys won't help when you need warranty work or parts! So what if you save a hundred or two bucks at a national broker. They have no overhead like a retail showroom. If we do not support our dealers we won't have any!

r

:cheers:

• 1 year later...

WHAT EVER YOU DO STAY FAR AWAY FROM HINSHAW`S MOTORCYCLE STORE IN AUBURN. I HAVE PERSONALLY BEEN A VICTIM OF FRAUD BY THEIR KTM MECHANIC. WHEN I SUBSTANTIATED THIS TO THE COMPANY THE OWNER CALLED ME AT HOME OFFERING RECONCILIATION. “SORRY ABOUT THAT, THE NEXT TIME YOU BUY A BIKE FROM US LET ME KNOW AND I’LL MAKE YOU GET A GOOD DEAL.” THIS IS AFTER I WAS CHARGED FOR PARTS AND CARBURETOR JETTING. THE CARBURETOR WAS NEVER TOUCHED. I TOOK IT HOME THE SAME WAY I HAD BROUGHT IT IN ONLY $600 DOLLARS LATER. AFTER REPEATED REQUESTS, I WAS REFUNDED FOR THE JET KIT HOWEVER CHARGED FOR THE LABOR. THE LABOR OF PUTTING IN A JET KIT THAT WAS NEVER INSTALLED. HINSHAW'S ASSURED ME “WE’LL TALK TO THE MECHANIC SO THIS DOESN’T HAPPEN AGAIN.”

STAY CLEAR.

Hanson Garage in Orofino, ID. Absolutely the best buying experience I have ever had, hands down! Mike Morey is the head guy and is straight up. I picked up an 07 450 XCW for MUCH less than MSRP and no freight/setup. Orofino is 35 miles east of Lewiston, a beautiful drive up the Clearwater River. I would recommend these guys to anyone;)

$1500 is a lot of gas money ?

• 1 month later...

I bought my 08 450 EXC from Skagit Powersports chiefly because they let me ride both the 530 and the 450 prior to purchase to help make my decision. Generally an OK experience, although setup left a little to be desired and I probably could have spent a few $ less. I also ordered a bunch of Hard Parts for installation prior to delivery and that got completely screwed up (not really a dealer issue - more a KTM issue). Talk to Ivan if you go up, a good guy and a straight forward salesman to deal with.