Sign in to follow this  

ARRESTED on my SM!!!

Ah found it... and the SM tutorial too, for those who have not seen them:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8267114940923019488&hl=en

again i havent hit high rpms on my bike yet..... well...the first link at least has exhaust . not stock...second clip sounds like my stock bike at idle but not through the gears....and he did do a roll on throttle wheelie a couple minutes into the clip...not stock....but ill admit those were great clips....i like that bouncing method...and since i do have stock exhaust i can do it from theback set of foot pegs instead of the seat! thanx for those clips...ill practice that to disprove my bros that my bike wont wheelie stock

Hey you don't have to beleive me if you don't want to... There's nothing at stake here.

I don't think you understood the previous posts, the idea is to end the chase before it starts.

Anyways, I don't want to encourage anyone to do the wrong thing :lol:

Still loads of fun though...

http://www.zatzy.com/gis/gis4trailer.mpg

And I said escape, not outrun... Can't outrun a cruiser with a Tempo :confused: Sure is easier with a vette...

My last post on the subject... From a legal standpoint, I already said too much for my own good.

from reading my previous post, i didn't say i didn't believe you, i said 'you got lucky' if you escaped.

and also from reading my previous post, i too was also talking about ending the chase before it happens. the point i was making was that all they need to know is the make/model of your car and cop cars in the area can track you down. if they saw your plate as you went past, even better (for them).

Not to be a stick in the mud here guys, but since in my other life I am "Johnny Law", I thought I'd throw in my two cents.

Let me start by saying I love riding, I love bikes and just about everything that goes with them. I have been riding for 25 years on street, dirt and track. I have had everything from liter class sportbikes to a 1965 Honda S90. And I agree with everyone above, wheelies are the coolest thing you can do on 2 wheels, at least while clothed.

Now, on to my point:

There are some other things to consider when deciding to run from the cops besides your ability, area knowledge, blah blah blah....

This is one of those things you need to think about before you ever go out and get on the bike. Think about it this way, even though you may be god's gift to motorcycling and the greatest rider ever to set foot on the planet, bad things can still happen. Not only to you, but the cop chasing you and to any and all of the citizens in the area. You may not wreck, but if someone else does (cop or citizen, chasing or avoiding you), the blame lies on your shoulders, both legally and morally. That person just became injured/dead because of a decision you made and because of your actions.

I am not your mom, nor am I trying to be. Just trying to offer some extra food for thought.

WRX

Edit add: Forgot to mention this earlier. I too have been cited for doing silly things on bikes, and in cars for that matter. But I have also been given breaks by the cops (long before I ever was a cop) for being honest and cooperating. Cops are people too and believe it or not, a good number of us like bikes just as much as you. Cooperation and honesty go a long way when you are talking about traffic violations. That said, yes there are dickhead cops out there that no matter how minor the violation and how cooperative you are, they may still burn you a ticket for everything they can. Nothing you nor I can do about those guys.

Yeah, a co-worker of mine got clocked @ 120 mph in a 35 zone the other w/e. The cop that pulled him also rides street bikes. Anyway, they talked for about 30 mins. and my friend walked away w/o even a warning ticket...

It all depends on the cop and the situation...

I on the other hand, have been given a ticket by a Highway Trooper for simply not moving over to the left as he was entering the highway from the entrance ramp. He had to slow down and pull in behind me. He then proceeded to follow me (& wife) for about 4 miles before the 'ole blue light special happened. He said that I was going 64 in a 55 zone during one spot in that 4 mile stretch... Gotta Love 'Em :applause:

BTW: I was driving a Nissan Z at the time, not my DR-Z 400S

Killer B.

Glad to see you're using the search function.

As a newbie, i never did.

i ran from da cops one time but luckily my road is rocky as hell so they can do maybe 30 or so where as i can do like 60 so i got away free lmao

Just got my DRZ400S to putz around in the country and take on vacations out West. I think I must be too old for this forum as I see less sense here than the broad who dates Rosie O'Donnell! Driving on public roads is a privilege not a right and doing wheelies at 60 in a 30 isn't cool at all, especially since most 30 zones are residential. You would do that exactly one time on my street as my neighbors and I will confront you in an ugly manner if we can catch you! Running from cops because you were doing utterly stupid activities makes you just dumber than dumb. I have had two friends lose their lives on bikes, one doing a stupid act at the time, and these activities will put you and those around you at great risk. Next time you feel like speeding, running from cops, or doing wheelies on public roads think about how your life and the lives of others would be changed if you hurt or killed someone because of your stupidity. Do your speeding and wheelies on a lonely country road. Nature has a way of strengthening the gene pool, motorcycles and irresponsible people just speed up the process. Flame me all you want but right is right and wrong is wrong. Here's your sign!

Just got my DRZ400S to putz around in the country and take on vacations out West. I think I must be too old for this forum as I see less sense here than the broad who dates Rosie O'Donnell! Driving on public roads is a privilege not a right and doing wheelies at 60 in a 30 isn't cool at all, especially since most 30 zones are residential. You would do that exactly one time on my street as my neighbors and I will confront you in an ugly manner if we can catch you! Running from cops because you were doing utterly stupid activities makes you just dumber than dumb. I have had two friends lose their lives on bikes, one doing a stupid act at the time, and these activities will put you and those around you at great risk. Next time you feel like speeding, running from cops, or doing wheelies on public roads think about how your life and the lives of others would be changed if you hurt or killed someone because of your stupidity. Do your speeding and wheelies on a lonely country road. Nature has a way of strengthening the gene pool, motorcycles and irresponsible people just speed up the process. Flame me all you want but right is right and wrong is wrong. Here's your sign!

Reading that makes me want to bust 60+mph wheelies past every old fart like you and laugh as they try to stop me. Ohh and you're gene pool theory is a classic. Safety nerd's realy pick up all the chick's don't they. LOL

I agree there is a time and a place for everything... but that doesn't mean you should bust everyone's nuts about wheelies on a forum where most people love life on one wheel. Go find a Vespa forum if you want to talk about putzing around and safety.

I really, really, really love to ride my bike and I don't want to loose that right to ride. But when I read a thread like this I begin to understand why "the man" is trying to get bikes off the road altogether. Don't you guys see what you are doing and how it can affect all our rights.

I realize saying this is like talking to a rock and you guys don't give a s*&^t about my opinion but the truth is...

Most of those people watching you wheelie down the road are NOT impressed. They are thinking what the F*&&k is this idiot doing? Yes, even bikers want to know why this idiot is trying to ruin our rights to ride.

It's no wonder all bikers get blamed for accident, even when they are not their faults. Pulling wheelies on the freeway or going 100 in a 30 is giving every biker a bad name and so we become the scapegoat.

If you want to have fun and do wheelies, stoppies, go really fast or what ever, PLEASE enjoy yourself, but don't do it on public streets. Don't give the MAN a reason to take our rights away! Please!!!

same story but got off eazy,I dont even have any mirrors 02 drze, told the cop I busted them during a trail ride the day before. he gave me a speeding tiket $126 and a fail to stop for police which I took to court and won.

Just like to say we all do wheelies at some point including the local cops we have two offroad cops that keep I eye on local area they are on wr450 and they are just as bad as us you can hear them as soon as they get out on the tracks they kicking ass the over week they were in our street talking to some kids and been nosey was looking to see what was going on and the kids were asking them to do a wheelie they said we carnt do them lol they went off up the street and guess what on there back wheel could not believe it if I don’t that you no what would happen wish I had a video camera on them it would be a get out of jail ticket:ride:

Dude sucks! Good job being cool. My advice is always use an attorney for any ticket! Keep em off your record, better to pay counsel than the insurance company or lose your license. My record is clean and I am polite too and find that attorneys can get you out of it if you do happen to get a ticket, of course I am only talking speeding and not DUI, I get drunk only at home. Wheelie on!!!!!:applause::eek::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::goofy:

Simple rules of engagement will definitely help; it helped me, but the cops were European:

1) First, put off your helmet and put on a smile

2) Remove your gloves quickly and show your hands with the pals up, arms wide

3) Approach them one or two steps only

4) Stick out your hand and say your name with a smile

5) Apologize for the inconvenience that they have to stop you and start explaining (talk your self out of it)

Most human beings are sensitive to this kind of non verbal communications.

It once saved me two fees for fleeing and driving in an interdicted section. My license plate was dirty and I talked him into testing the fresh dirt with his finger and he gave me a fine for getting dirty hands: unreadible license plate, only € 45 :applause:

Noppy

here they would think you were gonna smack em with the helmet and youd get tazered and beaten...

Pray tell, why is it sad ??

We all know we shouldn't wheelie on the public highway, but we do it all the same.

It is dangerous, it is distracting for other drivers, and for pedestrians.

I am just as likely to be on one wheel as two, particularly around town :applause: and I know the risks, and one day will pay for it.

We do it because we like to show off to others, and to ourselves.

It is fun, it's why we do it, and eventually we get caught, there is no escape.

Most of the time we get lucky, but the luck will run out one day.

my take, it's sad because they are releasing convict pedophiles and rapists because jails are over crowded, so they can lock up guys doing controlled wheelies.... i don't believe there is an rcw (Revised Code of Washington) that states you are not allowed to operate a motor vehicle on one wheel... so it's basically up to the officer's descretion to determine what is reckless and what is not... i know guys that hate wheelies and think they're ultra dangerous just because they can't do them... this same assumption of sorts could come from an offer that has never even ridden a sportbike or dirtbike and thinks that riding a wheelie on a fiddy is a grand and outradeous stunt... ..... it's bullshit, the punishment of jail time does not fit the crime of doing a wheelie.....

Nature has a way of strengthening the gene pool

Sadly, modern medicine and quick responding EMT's are putting up a good fight against Darwin and letting idiots remain in the gene pool too long.

I have only run for the police once and that was a long time ago in South Africa (in the bad old days). A number of us had been riding off road so had no lights, indicators etc. Riding home with a friend we were passed by a police car so we ran. He chased us for a short while on tarmac until we hit dirt roads and then off into the bush where he couldnt chase us. We laughed at getting away until he started shooting at us:eek:

I have never run again.

Dear Matty50Racer,

I chuckled at your response:

Reading that makes me want to bust 60+mph wheelies past every old fart like you and laugh as they try to stop me. Ohh and you're gene pool theory is a classic. Safety nerd's realy pick up all the chick's don't they. LOL

Apparently we don't understand each other? I didn't know that "chicks" didn't appreciate us safety nerds, the ones with a bit of common sense and respect for others peoples safety on the roads. Funny, the ladies I dated before I got married always seemed to enjoy these traits. I guess it's called maturity but if your age and IQ are both still in the teens you might not get it anyway so any further explanation would be futile. Keep doing your 60mph wheelies on the roads and I'll bet you'll figure it out the hard way. :eek::applause:

Sadly, modern medicine and quick responding EMT's are putting up a good fight against Darwin and letting idiots remain in the gene pool too long.

Actually Evil Kenival did pretty damn good on the unmodern 70's medicine. Can't say the same for Elvis.