Sign in to follow this  

DRZ400 Forum

Have you ever looked at how many people are logged on to the other Forums at Thumper Talk? Stop and look. You will find that there are by far, two times, more riders logged onto the DRZ400 forum than any other. There are some complete brand forums that do not have as many people on the entire brand as are on the DRZ400 along! It says alot for the popularity of the DRZ400. This is a very good site with a wealth of information that everyone shares. ENJOY!!:worthy::cheers::eek::p :p :bonk: :bonk: :crazy:

I think more peeps are on here because there are so many DRZs sold. It's economics in that they are inexpensive. When I caught the riding bug and started researching bikes, I noticed the most bang for the buck with Suzuki in general. In 05 I bought Mike's (owner of Durhamtown) 01E model and have been trying to wad it up or get it to break down ever since.

r

I think more peeps are on here because there are so many DRZs sold. It's economics in that they are inexpensive. When I caught the riding bug and started researching bikes, I noticed the most bang for the buck with Suzuki in general. In 05 I bought Mike's (owner of Durhamtown) 01E model and have been trying to wad it up or get it to break down ever since.

r

Lots of room at DP to do just that!

It's economics in that they are inexpensive.

Are they inexpensive? I was suprized at first that the drz was more expensive than the dr650 or street bikes like the gs500... but those are both air cooled. But regardless of the price its the most versitile bike out there and worth every penny!

Of course, modding dollars that go into the drz is a whole nother topic:bonk:

We also get a lot of traffic here because there's so many helpful people here and very few stupid or arguementative posts. It's just a nice place to be. :cheers:

i look on drz forum quite regular despite no longer having my drzs at moment,currently have gas gas to ride into trees on.looking on the other forums theres a few that could have an arguement in an empty room... :cheers:

Noticed that myself !

Always a ton of lookie-loos hangin' around this here forum.

I need to do some "stuff" with my newly aquired DR-Z400S. Nothing crazy, just a few things...

Rear rack is on the list, think I've seen 3-4 different types.

Mebbe do that airbox 3x3 mod I keep seeing, tho imagine that works best with matching jetting.

Need to sort the suspension, have made no adjustments since buying it used a month ago, and I know my 240# el-chunko bod must be reaking havoc on the stock settings... seems to handle dirt roads okay tho...

The DRZ is absolutley the best bang for buck out there. it beats quads, sleds and other motorcycles as well IMO. When i can run the highway at 110Kmh + and then be 30km's in the woods day after day without anything but routine maintenance, what else can you buy that will let you do that!

I love my DRZ!!!

We also get a lot of traffic here because there's so many helpful people here and very few stupid or arguementative posts. It's just a nice place to be. :cheers:

Until somebody mentions the O-word, come on , you know you want to hear it, OIL!!!:p

drz forum issue

i have no way of posting new threads since the format was changed .

i have sent an email to tt , i recieve the auto reply but it does not say what to do.

sorry about the hijack of the thread but i need some advice , or i am i missing

something ----- assistance mr controller type person

Maybe it's your avatar...:cheers:

Seriously, have you tried going into your TT user control panel, and setting your posting to *basic editor*? Install any new firewall/antivirus stuff or change any internet options settings?

Greg

I've always noted this point and found it interesting. I almost made a similar post the other day when I saw 101 people viewing this forum!

When you see that many people on one forum and they aren't all bitching about their problems... Except for the guys that can't jet a carb. Instead they are sharing ideas and experiences, it does show what a reliable and versitile bike it is. Looks like someone must have pissed in Fatbasdit's corn flakes though!

Hey I resemble that remark!:cheers:

Just pokin' a little fun. I've done a bit of jetting here and there and I can get by, but the TT FCR kit went on my DRZ with no tinkering to speak of. I was almost dissapointed. Almost...

Fatbasdit's post went away, I guess he deleted it huh?

Doug

Just pokin' a little fun. I've done a bit of jetting here and there and I can get by, but the TT FCR kit went on my DRZ with no tinkering to speak of. I was almost dissapointed. Almost...

Fatbasdit's post went away, I guess he deleted it huh?

Doug

Yeah I know.:cheers: Jetting the CV carb was easy, the FCR has so many variables that I would have been chasing my own tail around without Eddies help. :p didnt see Fatbasdit's post.

I've always noted this point and found it interesting. I almost made a similar post the other day when I saw 101 people viewing this forum!

When you see that many people on one forum and they aren't all bitching about their problems... Except for the guys that can't jet a carb. Instead they are sharing ideas and experiences, it does show what a reliable and versitile bike it is. Looks like someone must have pissed in Fatbasdit's corn flakes though!

Hi Doug,:p

There is ~exactly~ the same friendly helpful atmosphere here as on the XT225 forum.

I believe that, more than a just a motorcycle, the real glue that holds places like these together is the shared goodwill from each person experiencing the same joy of riding...

...after over 40 years of riding...

...that joy has never changed!:cheers:

Take Care,

Greg